“Great evening in Budapest”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace
Ranked #40 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had a weekend city break in Budapest with my friends, and during our sightseeing walk we entered to Buddha Bar for a refreshing drink... Than we spent here a couple of hours, and finally it was our best experience at the weekend. Thanks for the fantastic drinks, and a special thank for Mr Andras Lakezi, the bar manager, whose team gave us a stunning service.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tony R
BuddhaBarEast, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your time spent in publishing your review. Happy that you liked very much our Lounge, and your positive impression has been forwarded to Andras as per your feed-back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,973)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a succession of small snags as a resort of the hotels recent opening, which is why we have given the hotel a 'very good' as opposed to an 'excellent', most of these were sorted out quickly and efficiently although it was a bit annoying to have to use the gym at another hotel even if they did provide transport.
The hotel is in a great location, the suites generous and well equipped, the decor is great and the beds comfortable. Room service is quick and they will bring you milk at no extra charge to go with the coffee machine in your room.
The restaurant is a must for one evening at least, ask for a table in front of the giant Buddha and not off to the side, I would recommend preceding this with a drink at the bar.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Yesterday me and my best friend spent an unforgettable evening in Buddha Bar Lounge. I can recommend the bar, exotic environment, excellent service, nice people. Special thanks to András Lakézi, who helped us in the course of the evening. Thank you for a wonderful evening! We hope we can get back up there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lilla Z
BuddhaBarEast, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feed-back about our Ladies night, every Friday and Saturday between 21h00 and 22h00. Very successful with the most elegant and beautiful Budapest and travelling ladies in town !
Wish to see you next week-end,

Yours

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Lovely rooms, lovely bar, lovely breakfast, great location. Unfortunately all ruined by a horrible receptionist who clearly didn't approve of the rate we had paid via a booking site. There was an error on our booking to do with a double booking, but the agent was aware and was sorting it out. I got 3 quite nasty calls from reception regarding this, which worried me and ruined our one night stay.

They also tried to bill us over £100 for a meal we never had and for breakfast which was included. Poor organisation and too many arguments about money on holiday!

Worse, I have emailed the hotel and head office 3 times to feed this back and I have not had any kind of reply.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Travelbug766

Dear AL and CL,

Thanks for feed-back for our receptionist that tried to help you, while you did a double booking through Agoda on internet yourself. As a result of your double booking non refundable, already paid on-line to Agoda that we can't do anything about, you claimed at reception upon check in that it was fixed with Agoda which was not because they did not want to refund you as per what they considered your mistake and as per their policy you accepted.

Our receptionist did not give up and called several times the local Agoda representative to help even though she normaly can't make any correction in your personal on line agency booking, and finally made them refund your second booking.

We transmitted your warm thank you to the receptionist that helped you.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights in October 2012, in a junior suite, and can really recommend this hotel. The lighting was moody and everything is red, black and gold at the hotel. Staff who work there are incredibly polite and speak good English to you. The hotel is located so that if one goes for 15-20 minutes you go over several of the bridges, shop at the local market, take a trip up to the Statue of Liberty. We will absolut recommend this hotel and would like to come again sometime later.
The bathroom is fantastic in a junior suite, with bathtub for 2 people and 2 tropical showers above.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BjornNilsen
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here as a change from my usual hotels in Budapest. I was aware this hotel only recently opened though I wasn't prepared for the lack of training staff received which in a 5 star hotel should be excellent. Upon arrival I was a bit confused as to where reception was as there are famously no signs in this hotel. It can be utterly confusing as you try to find your way to your room in what I must say is almost complete darkness in hallways just with a glitter of red light. I specifically asked when booking if the spa and pool area are opened and functioning, and if the bar on thr 6th floor has opened I was told a very firm yes. This was not the case which infuriated me! To add insult to injury I had to have an argument with reception staff when I chose to have a coffee and not a cocktail as my welcome drink as I was told it's a no-can-do. Got it at the end after asked reception to call management, it was a very unpleasant start to my stay. The room was a bit smaller than usual with such dim lights that it took my eyes a day to get used to the darkness, they should do something about it as it makes small things such as opening a wardrobe a ridiculous task when one cant see a thing. Bed and duvet were very comfortable. The bathroom only had a shower, which leaked profusely all the way to the hallway, I was told it was a developer's mistake and cannot be fixed. I was offered another room but declined as I had only two days to stay. Many occasions when I asked housekeeping for smaller items the lady just stood and stared at me and my belongings, clearly in need of a bit of etiquette when it comes to handling guests in their rooms. Also makes one feel slightly uneasy...I had dinner at the restaurant which was very enjoyable with great selection of wines, though lacked in foreign wine. The dessert was to die for. Attentive and honest service with a smile at the diner. There is a very small outside terrace too but it is a bit too near to people walking by with beggars constantly propping up...not a pretty sight when one wants to enjoy some quality time in this beautiful city. All in all I will probably stay here again to see if anything improved and try out the other facilities once they are fully functioning. Will choose a bigger room though with a bath tub too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2012

we had my sister's birthday party in buddha-bar Budapest. i dont have to say how beautiful and extra ordinary is the place it self, we started our party in the sky bar and the manager was kind enough to make all our wishes happen. we were so satisfy, the staff were very helpful and nice.

the food is great and the chef is a talented chef i would give 6 stars if i could :)

i also have some romantic time with my fiance, the place is elegant and romantic... i loved it so much! the manager made sure to make my sister's birthday even more special, i would love to do dinner parties there in the future. i also heard a friend of mine loved it so much that would like to through her brother's engagement party there:)

over all experience was amazing, good drinks, live DJ , and almost an exclusive party of our own, what could we ask more?

i would like to thank the manager Mr Andras Lexa and all of the staff from here. thanks for the wonderful night..

Room Tip: every thing was satisfying, what you pay is totally worth it to compare of the great service you rec...