“Superb location, and top service”

Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace
Ranked #38 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights in October 2012, in a junior suite, and can really recommend this hotel. The lighting was moody and everything is red, black and gold at the hotel. Staff who work there are incredibly polite and speak good English to you. The hotel is located so that if one goes for 15-20 minutes you go over several of the bridges, shop at the local market, take a trip up to the Statue of Liberty. We will absolut recommend this hotel and would like to come again sometime later.
The bathroom is fantastic in a junior suite, with bathtub for 2 people and 2 tropical showers above.

1  Thank BjornNilsen

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here as a change from my usual hotels in Budapest. I was aware this hotel only recently opened though I wasn't prepared for the lack of training staff received which in a 5 star hotel should be excellent. Upon arrival I was a bit confused as to where reception was as there are famously no signs in this hotel. It can be utterly confusing as you try to find your way to your room in what I must say is almost complete darkness in hallways just with a glitter of red light. I specifically asked when booking if the spa and pool area are opened and functioning, and if the bar on thr 6th floor has opened I was told a very firm yes. This was not the case which infuriated me! To add insult to injury I had to have an argument with reception staff when I chose to have a coffee and not a cocktail as my welcome drink as I was told it's a no-can-do. Got it at the end after asked reception to call management, it was a very unpleasant start to my stay. The room was a bit smaller than usual with such dim lights that it took my eyes a day to get used to the darkness, they should do something about it as it makes small things such as opening a wardrobe a ridiculous task when one cant see a thing. Bed and duvet were very comfortable. The bathroom only had a shower, which leaked profusely all the way to the hallway, I was told it was a developer's mistake and cannot be fixed. I was offered another room but declined as I had only two days to stay. Many occasions when I asked housekeeping for smaller items the lady just stood and stared at me and my belongings, clearly in need of a bit of etiquette when it comes to handling guests in their rooms. Also makes one feel slightly uneasy...I had dinner at the restaurant which was very enjoyable with great selection of wines, though lacked in foreign wine. The dessert was to die for. Attentive and honest service with a smile at the diner. There is a very small outside terrace too but it is a bit too near to people walking by with beggars constantly propping up...not a pretty sight when one wants to enjoy some quality time in this beautiful city. All in all I will probably stay here again to see if anything improved and try out the other facilities once they are fully functioning. Will choose a bigger room though with a bath tub too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2012

we had my sister's birthday party in buddha-bar Budapest. i dont have to say how beautiful and extra ordinary is the place it self, we started our party in the sky bar and the manager was kind enough to make all our wishes happen. we were so satisfy, the staff were very helpful and nice.

the food is great and the chef is a talented chef i would give 6 stars if i could :)

i also have some romantic time with my fiance, the place is elegant and romantic... i loved it so much! the manager made sure to make my sister's birthday even more special, i would love to do dinner parties there in the future. i also heard a friend of mine loved it so much that would like to through her brother's engagement party there:)

over all experience was amazing, good drinks, live DJ , and almost an exclusive party of our own, what could we ask more?

i would like to thank the manager Mr Andras Lexa and all of the staff from here. thanks for the wonderful night..

Room Tip: every thing was satisfying, what you pay is totally worth it to compare of the great service you rec...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a city break in Budapest. It's recently opened up and in a very central location. Lovely welcome with a complimentary cocktail at the bar on arrival, which was delicious. Rooms are nicely decorated, great multimedia centre for connecting iPads etc. Breakfast was good and in our rate was included, on one occasion the eggs were cold but staff handled the situation well.
Our only complaint would be that the shower had a tendency to flood the bathroom floor and leak into the bedroom. Hopefully this design flaw will be rectified soon.
Overall, the Buddha Bar Hotel is superb and a great find.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
BuddhaBarEast, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Client,

Many thanks for your very positive feed-back.

Yes, our showers are ''wild'' : rain forest heads with plenty of water, but because of design, no silicon bars to collect water from the glass door or around glass panels. If the door is slightly open to the outside of the shower room, you have some water on the stone floor ... We are in the thinking process of finding good solution for design and efficiency.

See you soon back to the Buddha Bar Klotild Palace !

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very nice hotel but a little bit dark... excellent service and friendly staff.
Good breakfast and really cool resturant.
But the cleaning in the guestrooms was very poor. Absolutely nothing worked.
Maybe the cleaningstaff was new or no one showed them what and how to do.
2 star cleaning in a 5 star hotel doesnt work,
To pricie for what you get but great location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ThomasB189839
BuddhaBarEast, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feed-back helping us to improve.

Yes, we have a lighting concept that is creating an atmosphere to relax and feel good. Some guests even say that this is perfect place for honeymoons or wedding celebrations, some other just appreciate the smooth of the lighting. Still, your feed-back was addressed to lighting Engineer and level of light will be slightly moved up.

On the Housekeeping, I addressed your feed-back to the Gouvernante immediately. Maintaining high level of cleaning is one of our Top Priority. Because of the non adequate treatment of the bathrooms with impregnation after joint for tiles, and surfaces beige or black non forgiving this mistake, you may have the impression that floor is not perfect. However it is really clean. We will fix this in winter time and re-polish all bathrooms, and then impregnate the stone and marble to make sure this is looking perfect.

Price in Hungary are so affordable ... you mentioned coming from Malmö in Sweden where up to me, price of life is very high, but Budapest is definitely the best value for money European Capital cities. You have here one great stay in 5 stars Hotel for the price of 1 star in London or 2 stars in Paris ... or in Stockholm. Prices in town for any entertainment is also extremely good compared to any Western European location. Come to Buddha Bar Klotild Palace Hotel enjoy the beauty and extensive possibilities of Budapest !

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The "chill out" concept of the BUddha Bar Hotel really works and it was great to stay somewhere a bit different. The staff were very friendly and enthusiastic and the ambience of the bars and restaurants was excellent. A real escape from the hustle and bustle right outside the front door. The sushi in the main restaurant is a must as is the top floor bar. The rooms are very well equipped and loaded with electronic gadgets and relaxing decor. Just 2 things that need to improve to make it a 5 out of 5 for us - the gym - very small and just 4 pieces of equipment - and secondly the breakfast - not the food - that was fine, but the location. The food was laid out on the bar top of the bar but you eat it in the restaurant which involves walking back and forth across the lifts area from the bar to your table in the restaurant. Don't see why they can't put the food in the restaurant. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Away from facing the street.
1  Thank walnut20

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your positive feed-back about our Property.
I think you really well summarized what we are offering and how different we are, thanks for this.

Please let me answer on your 2 questions :
- Gym, yes it is small with only 4 TechnoGym machines and weights. We are ''boutique'' Hotel (means small, only 102 bedrooms) and offer excellent gym machines, but limited options. Hopefully we will next year be able to finalize our swimming pool we already prepared base, that would add pleasure of staying at the Buddha Bar Hotel.
- For the place of buffet breakfast presentation, I fully agree with you and addressed to our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Manager. It will be changed shortly to have it in the Restaurant itself.

Great feed-back from you, thanks for your contribution, will be delighted to see you again !

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Positives
Lovely hotel, very nice decor, excellent location, amazing bathroom. We stayed in a standard deluxe room. Roop top bar nice views and Buddha Bar on first floor was nice. Lighting in hotel and rooms wont be everyone's cup of tea, you will either love it or hate this hotel.

Negatives
Could not get the AC to work in room, so room was a constant 27 degrees (did try reception but no joy). Also went for a drink in the roof top bar and waiter split a drink all over my partner. No real apologies , no free drink or nothing. Bit disappointing. Also 6995 HUF (£20) to rent a film for one night is very very very very very expensive.

Overall
Would stay again but would not drink in there (prices a little high, I know its 5* but still...)

Room Tip: Bar on first floor stays open until 2am (so noise on that floor will be loud, we stayed on fourth an...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
BuddhaBarEast, Directeur général at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your today's review, and the positive feed-back about the location, the design and the Klotild Lounge.

Thanks also for the defaults you experienced that are giving us opportunity to understand where we have to improve and change our process to make it happening now. AC is working in all rooms including in winter, but main switch has to be on. Still, I am surprised as it is now 15 degrees in Budapest, so I do not understand how you room could be 27, but we will watch our control panel (BMS - Building Management System).

I sincerely apologize for the drink that our waiter has split over your partner, this is not professionnal and has been immediately addressed to our Food & Beverage Manager.

About the VOD giving a real cinema experience, the price of 6990 Ft - roughly 23 Euros - you are mentioning is option for all films unlimited access for 24 hours. One film only is 4990 Ft so 16 Euros, on a 47 or 55 inches ultra flat Led technology screen with built in Boose sound system. This service is optional, clearly priced and need code confirmation before being charged to your account. The 72 TV Channels, Buddha Bar Music and RSS information are free of charge.

Considering our 5 stars positioning and the quality of the ingredients we are using, the decor that we are proposing and the quality of the staff (most speak 3 languages), we do think it is not expensive cocktails we are offering from 990 Ft (about 3,30 Euros), we try to give you a good value for money in Budapest to spend a good time in good place and in good company with good atmosphere. We are trying our best ...