“Best food in Budapest”

Cuisines: Hungarian, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Wonderful food. beautifully presented. Innovative cuisine. Really good prices. Staff are lovely and speak several languges. Would go again anytime. We recommend this restaurant to all who visit Budapest.

1  Thank Ian R

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stopped there for a small lunch and ended up completely stuffed. Menu is at least in English and German, the waiters speak both. Interior was very nice, though sitting outside was even greater. The food seemed quiet expensive for Budapest, but the restaurant is located directly behind the cathedral - a very touristic area. We liked it a lot and would definitely go again.

1  Thank Carly M
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a wonderful meal at this lovely, cozy restaurant in Budapest. The staff was friendly and attentive, and the food terrific. We would highly recommend you find this place.

1  Thank Jane Herb B
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We found Ezaz on our last evening in Budapest and we wish we had found it sooner. The main course and desert were delicious. The entree was prepared specially to each persons liking. The staff and the atmosphere were warm and inviting.

1  Thank LarryLindainDC
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Right across the street from Saint Steven's Basilica is a lovely little bistro called Ezaz cafe and Bistro. My apartment was located just a short walk away from the area, and I often found myself traversing this block on the way home after a day of exploring the city. So, I would stop and rest a bit have a glass of wine and write in my journal and just do a little people watching on this busy street. The wine selection is very good and very reasonably priced. I found myself just ordering the house red which was a good wine considering that most house wines in Budapest are not of real high quality. I decided to return for dinner and liked it so much I returned twice more during my stay. I recommend the chicken breast smothered in Hungarian spices and then covered in a blanket of toasted mozzarella. In addition to the good food and wine, the service was excellent. Mickey the owner received his training working in food service for a major cruise ship line, and he brings that quality of service to his restaurant and staff. All in all, the food, service, wine, prices, and view make for a lovely experience!

1  Thank eatbagels