“Good - Quality/Price & Location Ratio”

Melba Riverside Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #363 of 3,632 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, International, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is an unique located restaurant, 5 minutes from the city center overlooking a yacht marina on the Danube.
Reviewed December 19, 2016

One of the better places to go for a business lunch out from city center. Restaurant is situated close to new area of block of flats, in business district. It has view over old harbor and you have no problem to park you car there. The dishes provided are OK. Not anything really special, but serving and overall feeling is good. Staff is polite, not way to friendly but polite. This would be something I would say, they can work a little bit more on. Overall "price to performance" is let say there and I have no problem to go there again for business lunch

1  Thank MartinTheVlogger

Reviewed September 9, 2016

We were warmly welcomed by our friendly smiling waiter. He gave us clear advice in English about the Hungarian dishes on offer. The food when it arrived was of good quality and service first class.

Reviewed July 31, 2016

In Budapest for F1, so we booked into Radisson and planned to stay a few extra days as we had never visited Hungary. Really glad we did.

On Friday after the F1 practice session we got back to the hotel and over a beer worked out where we woukd eat. The Melba Riverside has reasonable reviews and was only 10 mins walk - it turned out to be an inspired choice. The food is great, the staff are friendly, engaging and knowledgeable.

My main course was "Rangott mangalicataraja csikok csiposen fokhagymasan sztrapacskaval lecsoval" - I think at that point they had run out of letters. Apparently it translates as "crispy breaded mangalitsa strips, spicy garlicky sztrapacsa lecso". No, me either - but whatever it was, it was brilliant, definitely crispy, breaded, spicy, garlicky something or other.

So good, we went back a couple of days later. Something we never do.

Well worth a visit. And to be honest, most of the rest of the menu is properly translated, and the staff speak perfect English.

1  Thank Robert I
Reviewed May 23, 2016

If there is a place I could recommand in Budapest, it wouldn't be the parliament, or
Margaret Island, or even the thermal baths... Because I am sure you will go there anyway and these places are for sure marvelous. But the place I would definitely like to
recommand is Melba's restaurant. The food is exquisite and the drinks original and
tasty. The waiter,Frank, was exceptional in his way to welcome us and we felt like
a royal family. Among other things, we came late under the rain and he nicely offered us his umbrella. we never have met such a passionate man about his job. The atmosphere is very peaceful with a nice view on the river and relaxing music. Although the place is a bit ex-centered, it really is a must taste !!

Reviewed May 15, 2016

Set on the riverbank overlooking a small marina, the service was prompt and good. The food was tasty and nicely presented. I would highly recommend the hot chocolate tart.