“Don`t go inside”

Cuisines: Hungarian, International, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Reviewed February 24, 2013

There is no service, the waiters are not in a good mood, they don`t like guests in their restaurant. You have to wait for ast lest 20 minutes before they give you any attention. And then tehy throw your order on your table. The cakes are dry and have no taste. And when you want to pay they have added service to your bill. Dont visit this restaurant it is terrible

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The position of the cafe' is excellent when you stroll around the Castle Hill whole day and you need some relax and look for an inexpensive lunch or a snack. We had hamburgers called Varburger which should be really large, well, the meat wasn't so large but the burger was very tasty. Then we also tried some of the cakes which weren't as pricey as we'd expected and they were amazing :) Also their tea service was fine. We spent there about an hour and full of new energy we could continue our trip.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Prime location so you would expect prime prices, but we thought they were very reasonable.
Ice cream sundaes, some with alcohol, we tried 4 different ones, are excellent, and all for less than £4. The cakes looked wonderful and tasted just as good and were less than £2 each. Coffee and home-made lemonade againless than £2 each and local beer for less than £3 a pint. All in all even with 10% service charge we found it to be a great place for light refreshment.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife & I visited here mid-morning for breakfast. Located perfectly to trap the most discerning traveller, it will always do well. This however I feel is despite it being a love lost cash cow, with service to match.

Our tiny (long) coffee and English breakfast tea were promptly delivered, but we waited a long time for the two Tuscan Toasts we ordered. I wondered whether it was a ploy for you to polish off your drink while waiting for food, to then need to order again upon its arrival! My teapot was only half full - which really frustrates me, quite unnecessary! Service was by numerous and miserable individuals.

The food was OK, it looked like they did some very tasty cakes, but the menu was limited (for breakfast items). We would not return should we ever be back in the area, so maybe you walk past and look elsewhere for some care and attention.

To top the experience, the bill was presented with a predetermined 10% service charge applied. I don't object to paying for service, even if it is automatically shown on the bill, providing it is worth while. This place could be so much better, never mind.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I was visiting Castle Hill and needed to eat (I'm Diabetic); my hostess had good memories of this cafe in her childhood, so we took a chance. Glad we did! The food was very reasonable while very tasty and clean. We didn't eat gourmet here, but 'average' good food at a fair price in this location, IS something to write home about.
I had a greek salad and a duo of egg and tuna salad; my hostess a salad with grilled chicken. Everything was very acceptable, served promptly and quite courteously.
My one 'problem': the young man manning the grill where burgers are done, doesn't wear gloves in case of burns, but also does salads etc. I was pleased the young woman with him was wearing gloves as she prepared our food.
I recommend this cafe for anyone in the area. I saw no negative behavior in the hour I sat there. I find that smiling at the staff, and being polite, does wonders with most people. David W might like to take note...