Lovely Budapest Tours
Open today: 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Private One Day Tour of Budapest

We (couple with a teenage son) had only a full day to visit Budapest and wanted to make the most of... read more

Reviewed April 25, 2016
dolcevitabella
Sydney
Helicopter Tour

After looking online I found this helicopter tour. I asked for assistance with booking through my... read more

Reviewed December 20, 2015
Remotecube
Bourne, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 21, 2015

We used Lovely Budapest to drive us from Budapest to Krakow. It was not the least expensive option we found, but the reviews of other services were sketchy, and Lovely Budapest reviews were universally good. We were not disappointed. They were responsive by email when we were arranging the trip from the US. Nellie was our driver and she was lovely and fun.

Date of experience: May 2015
5  Thank cwmcbrayer
Reviewed February 21, 2015

Our family of 6 used Lovely Budapest to drive us from Budapest to Vienna. Their service couldn't have been better. The service was on time, the van clean & spacious. This was a great way to travel between the two cities. Kristof was incredibly interesting to talk to & next time in Budapest I would definitely try one of their tours.

Date of experience: December 2014
3  Thank Dee70471
Reviewed December 28, 2014

A great day trip with a wonderful guide - Katalin.

First stop was Esztergom. Dusted in snow the countryside along the Danube was very pretty. The Basillica was in use for Sunday mass which added a sense of occasion and it was nice to see it being used for its intended purpose.

Next stop Visegrad, it is was worth the climb up the snow dusted stairs of the Citadel - the views of the Danube from the top are stunning. The grey of the sky offset by the fresh white snow sprinkled across the landscape.

Last stop was Stenzendre. A very cute, colourful if now somewhat touristy village.

The tour was well paced, the "commentary" was conversation not guide book commentary.

Would I recommend this tour - absolutely!

Date of experience: December 2014
3  Thank cam2801
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We chose to visit Hungary for four nights after completing a Prague, Salzburg, Vienna trip with a family-oriented tour company. I was a little hesitant to piece together a trip on my own, so I looked on TripAdvisor and found Lovely Budapest. After looking at their website and speaking to Kristof, I reserved a Vienna-Bratislava-Gyor-Budapest transfer, a half-day tour of Budapest, a full-day Danube Bend tour and our transfer from our hotel to the airport. I was nervous as I put our entire trip to Hungary in their hands, but we were NOT disappointed!

Kristof picked us up at our hotel in Vienna and took us on our tour of Bratislava and Gyor and then brought us to our hotel in Budapest. What a great day! Kristof is so knowledgable and created an itinerary and tour that was both fun and interesting.

The next day, our new guide, Peter met us at the hotel with a car and driver and took us on a great and very comprehensive tour of Budapest. He even gave us some wonderful ideas of what to see later in the afternoon and on our one free day.

Our Danube Bend tour was also fantastic. Peter could tell that our son was getting a little restless, so he quickly re-routed the tour and took us to a summer mountain sledding area! My son was thrilled! Peter even took my son on the sled for one ride! It was really sweet.

On our departure day, our driver was waiting for us promptly at pick up time and got us quickly and safely to the airport.

We were in good hands for our whole trip with Lovely Budapest! I'm so glad we booked!

Date of experience: July 2014
2  Thank marthasor
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family group (2 adults and kids 8,11) spent a delightful day with Kristof on his Puszta tour. We started with the capital city of the area, walking around and admiring the Hungarian Art Nouveau style buildings and doing a little shopping at the market. It was a good break in the 90 minute drive. Then we visited a horse farm where we were greeted by a csikós on horseback leading us in to the farm. A carriage ride, visit to the little zoo, and a short horse ride for the kids were all on the program. The best part for the kids was the demonstration of the horsemanship of the csikós and the tricks by the horses. The 8 yr old was fascinated by the whips used by the csikós and was allowed to try his hand at flicking a bottle off a post. The visit was topped off by a tasty lunch accompanied by gypsy music. The whole experience was impressive for our whole group. The kids are still reliving the day with excitement.

Date of experience: June 2014