“Nice evening” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spirit Restaurant & Club - CLOSED

Spirit Restaurant & Club
Cuisines: European, Steakhouse, Cafe, International, Mediterranean, Central European, Hungarian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Freshly opened restaurant with international and hungarian food, notable wine list.
“Nice evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We found Spirit for a family birthday. We selected it based on tripadvisor and it was a good choice. We had sandwiches and a light menu. Everything was good, and they had a music connected to the restaurants atmosphere. Thanks for the beautiful night!

“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We spent a wonderful night there with my friends. All the meals are fantastic, the chocolate soufle was a top hit. Absolutely recommended.

Addison, Texas
“Delicious Hungarian cuisine near Váci utca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went here based on trip advisor reviews and can certainly agree with other reviewers on really good food, great service, but weird music. Another reviewer mentioned Irish folk last night, but they changed the cd for Monday night to American folk...strange selection.

Decor and atmosphere was very comfortable and good selection on the menu. I opted for Hungarian stew and veal goulash with funny "egg" noodles that resemble scrambled eggs - both we're so filling that I had to pass on the soufflé. The manager offered a discount if I came back, so I may try the soufflé tomorrow!

• Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great food but get some different music!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I tried out Spirit on a Sunday night for dinner. The appetizers were pretty good. I had mozzarella and tomato drizzled in balsamic vinegar, while my husband had the roasted eggplant. I chose the veal and "egg noodle" main dish... which was literally noodle bits with egg mixed in. My husband had the chicken and pappardelle pasta with a cream sauce. Nothing to rave about. The desserts are what redeemed the place! The chocolate souffle was AMAZING! The creme broule was pretty good as well.

The restaurant was nicely decorated and the atmosphere was really nice. Service was terrific. What destroyed the night was the stupid Irish folk song that was played on loop for the entire 40 minutes that we were there! I personally don't mind Irish music but I do mind the same song played over and over again! By the time we left, my husband had memorized the lyrics of the entire song by heart...

Vevey, Switzerland
“Most enjoyable lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went based on tripadvisor and had a very enjoyable lunch. The mushrooms and thyme was particularly nice. The owner is polite and cheerful. Good ambience and free wifi

• Visited October 2012