“cozy”

Ranked #153 of 644 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Belo Horizonte, MG
“cozy”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Cozy, friendly, comfortable, great localization, clean. It's a a very good place to stay!
The staff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are comfortable, the bathrooms are clean, you can use the kitchen, there are free wifi and computers. Subway station just around the corner, near of almost everything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Pros-
1. Great location.
The river is within walking distance, good bars & pubs nearby. Groceries/ department stores are literally across the street.

2. Excellent staff.
The staff are very friendly & helpful. They frequently cook traditional Hungarian dinner & cooked a special breakfast for us on Sunday.

3. Well maintained amenities.
The beds are comfortable & clean. A big kitchen & a nice comfortable common room makes the stay enjoyable especially if you feel like cooking and watching a movie on a cold day.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Three of us (American) traveled from Romania to stay at N'Joy for a long weekend. It was easy to find, reception was friendly even though it was 3am, and the owner made us an incredible Hungarian dish for dinner. We met several friends there whom I stay in touch with. There were university students, business people, and travelers when I visited. The rooms make it easy to remain private alone or with friends or meet people staying there. The location is central to clubs and restaurants, and the best part of this hostel was how clean and high quality it was for such a reasonable price. It was the most comfortable sleep I had in two months, and the bathrooms were lovely. The kitchen is available for use, and there are big comfortable couches, games, and DVDS in many languages for hanging out. The traditional Hungarian style building is really fun, too! I highly recommend staying here and we have plans to return to Budapest - this is the only place I will stay.

Room Tip: Three of us stayed in the 6 person bedroom - two beds are located on/in a loft above and were very n...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
bodnarbence, receptionist at Njoy Budapest Hostel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for this great review and for the photos!:)
If you are looking for the recipe of the hungarian traditional dinner, just send us an e-mail, and we'll send you!
We're glad you enjoyed your staying here, and hope we'll see each other soon at Budapest!:)
Tanks at all,
Bence and all the staff
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2012

An amazing hostel with a special touch. When I arrived there I felt like coming home. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is awesome. The rooms are very comfortable and the beds are big enough even for a 6'5" (196cm) guy :)
I loved the kitchen with the big dinner-table. Hanging around there, cooking together or better cook with the hostel-owner (a lovely lady) and the staff.

You will never found a better hostel in Budapest !!!! Go for it ;)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I loved this place completely! I tend to book hotels on the way so I only booked my first night in Budapest there in case I don't like it. It was my and my husband's first stay in the hostel- we decided we needed to meet people and look for adventure rather than comfort. Surprisingly in N-joy we got both! I booked the single occupancy room and it was beautiful and very spacious. It is a room shown in their profile picture and it is just like that but bigger. We loved this place from the first sight, it is very cosy, clean and in a great spot, a walk away from the tourist spots, great bars, tube station and Danube. There's a very good coffee from coffee machine but I don't think breakfast is included. There is a little pastry shop on the right when you leave the gate, it has fabulous sandwiches and freshly baked cakes and cones, good prices too. I was trying to book more days in this hostel unfortunately it was fully booked so we needed to move for one night and come back after. When we came back to leave in 6 bed room, we were invited for a supper prepared by the guy working in the reception that night. We were extremely lucky because we meet fantastic people that night, we all went out after and had one of the best nights in my life. They recommended a bar called Instant and it was great place too. I am not sure if I am in love with Njoy or Budapest itself but it was the best weekend I have had for a very long time and I am definitely coming back there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
bodnarbence, Manager at Njoy Budapest Hostel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thanks for the nice review!:)
We hope to see you again in Budapest!

See U,
Bence
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed in NJoy for 2 nights, great location next to Astoria metro station, staff were great, good company. Good for meeting other travellers that are travelling alone. Facilities were clean and comfortable. No complaints. Due to the location you get a bit of street noise but not much, but you are going to get that if you want accomodation close to the city centre and attractions.

Not a long walk from the Danube, few streets back, or not far from the Parliament building or the castle on the hill. Staff are more tha n helpful to book tours, opera or even recommend places to eat, they can provide discounts to places also.

If I had to return to Budapest which is more than likely, I will choose Njoy again.

Thanks
Craig

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Njoy hostel is a great place to stay in Budapest! It's located next to Astoria metro station. The staff was so friendly and helpfull. We slept one night in a private room that was huge and clean and the next night in a room for 6 people which looked great too, but because there's two windows to the street it was a bit noisy and harder to fall asleep. The shared bathrooms were clean and private. I really enjoyed my time there!!

• Stayed July 2012