Njoy Budapest Hostel
$410
$235
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsbig kitchengreat locationstag dothree nightsliving roomwould definitely stay here againminute walkwalking distancefacilitiesbedsgaborstovecityaccommodationmetroapartmentearplugs
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I loved this place completely! I tend to book hotels on the way so I only booked my first night in Budapest there in case I don't like it. It was my and my husband's first stay in the hostel- we decided we needed to meet people and look for adventure rather than comfort. Surprisingly in N-joy we got both! I booked the single occupancy room and it was beautiful and very spacious. It is a room shown in their profile picture and it is just like that but bigger. We loved this place from the first sight, it is very cosy, clean and in a great spot, a walk away from the tourist spots, great bars, tube station and Danube. There's a very good coffee from coffee machine but I don't think breakfast is included. There is a little pastry shop on the right when you leave the gate, it has fabulous sandwiches and freshly baked cakes and cones, good prices too. I was trying to book more days in this hostel unfortunately it was fully booked so we needed to move for one night and come back after. When we came back to leave in 6 bed room, we were invited for a supper prepared by the guy working in the reception that night. We were extremely lucky because we meet fantastic people that night, we all went out after and had one of the best nights in my life. They recommended a bar called Instant and it was great place too. I am not sure if I am in love with Njoy or Budapest itself but it was the best weekend I have had for a very long time and I am definitely coming back there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
bodnarbence, Manager at Njoy Budapest Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thanks for the nice review!:)
We hope to see you again in Budapest!

See U,
Bence

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed in NJoy for 2 nights, great location next to Astoria metro station, staff were great, good company. Good for meeting other travellers that are travelling alone. Facilities were clean and comfortable. No complaints. Due to the location you get a bit of street noise but not much, but you are going to get that if you want accomodation close to the city centre and attractions.

Not a long walk from the Danube, few streets back, or not far from the Parliament building or the castle on the hill. Staff are more tha n helpful to book tours, opera or even recommend places to eat, they can provide discounts to places also.

If I had to return to Budapest which is more than likely, I will choose Njoy again.

Thanks
Craig

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Njoy hostel is a great place to stay in Budapest! It's located next to Astoria metro station. The staff was so friendly and helpfull. We slept one night in a private room that was huge and clean and the next night in a room for 6 people which looked great too, but because there's two windows to the street it was a bit noisy and harder to fall asleep. The shared bathrooms were clean and private. I really enjoyed my time there!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is such a wonderful, friendly little hostel! It feels very personal and homely, with lovely bright decor. We had a very comfortable stay here, the rooms are large and spacious with lots of space to store your bags and padlocks are provided by the staff too! The kitchen is lovely and large and has so much space if you wanted to cook meals. We were treated to a traditional hungarian dinner too, provided by the manager which was delicious! There is excellent wifi and free computers too if you do not have your own. The only problem were the bathrooms, as there are two so you can find yourself queueing. However, the bathrooms are very large and clean so it is not really a problem. The hostel has a deal with a local cafe which serves great food and is discounted too which is great!
The staff are AMAZING, especially the lady who's name I never got who started working there on the 1st of July who was absolutely lovely and so kind - i hope she reads this! Thank you for being so kind!
Excellent hostel, go and stay, and enjoy Budapest!

Room Tip: There's a phenomenal ice cream parlour only a little way down the road if you leave the hostel and turn right called Lavandula which is really cheap and delicious too! A must visit!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Great hostel. Nice and clean, very homie and decorated nicely. Good location, close to the metro station which makes it easy to get to major sites.
The owners even visited the hostel to make everyone largos which was delicious - they were very friendly.
Each bed had an individual cupboard underneath with a lock to store your personal items.
Nice kitchen area and clean bathrooms. Free wifi and computers. Tv and movies. Lots of information on tours etc.
Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly -
Anna was lovely and easy to talk to. Very caring and understanding while I was feeling home sick one day.
A big thank you to Gabriella who helped me print out my boarding pass and who called the airport shuttle bus company to help me get to the airport on time. She was an absolute life saver.
Awesome hostel. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012