“100 years of history! White table cloth experience”

Szazeves Restaurant
Ranked #135 of 3,346 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: The Hundred Years Old Restaurant which is hosted the oldest restaurant in Budapest in 1831, opened in the heart of the ground floor of a baroque palace. 80 Guests can enjoy the finest Hungarian and international cuisine and the most excellent wines from Hungary in the contemporary atmosphere, rustic furnishing and an elegant environment. In the evening candlelight and pleasant gypsy music completes the gastronomic experience.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Love the atmosphere of the restaurant .
Lots of history with this building in Central Pest, just few minutes from the Elizabeth bridge in Pest.
The service was excellent, they really treat you perfectly.
Had the goulash soup and French fries nod they were great.
The lamb steak with mustard sauce and steak fries was excellent.
The goulash plate with dumplings had an excellent flavor.
After running all day long it was great to be able to find a quiet place with excellent Hungarian food and superb service.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have returned several times and have never been disappointed.it has an old establishment atmosphere with live music at night and really first class meals.we recommend the goulash soup it's yummy.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My sons and I ate here because our tour guide had recommended it as the best place in the center to eat authentic Hungarian goulash. Well, the goulash tasted good, but not unique, and nowhere as enjoyable as the goulash I've eaten at my relatives' homes. My chicken breast was mediocre. Unfortunately, this was the most expensive restaurant bill during our visit in Budapest, but by far, the least satisfying.

2  Thank dsch_tw
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have really enjoyed my stay in Budapest, especially the dinner that we had in Szazeves Etterem restaurant. As I have mentioned it in the title, the atmosphere was amazing, and the service was perfect. It was my first time in Hungary and I haven't tried any Hungarian meals before, but now I can tell you it's extremely delicious, and the wine was great. I really recommend this restaurant for everyone. Skål! :)

2  Thank thomas_m6011
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We we're here last weekend from Romania and we had a great time. We sow that was very much people but the waiters was very kind with us and they told us it will be a little longer time to wait for the food. The meal was so nice and tasty. We will go there next time again.

1  Thank sabrina g