“Very nice :)”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Curia Vendeglo
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Very good food, friendly service and VERY affordable prices :) you won't regret going there for sure :)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We visited this restaurant towards the end of a week's holiday. We'd previously tried a cheap set price touristy place on the main Vaci Utca one street down and had been really disappointed with terrible food and service where additional charges were sneakily added on. By comparison, Curia Vendeglo was similarly priced with superb traditional Hungarian food and fantastic service.

We dined quite late on a Friday night, but the staff were very accommodating, giving us advice on the food and offering a smaller bowl of the carp soup as a starter so we could try it. The food was authentic, nicely presented, and in generous portions. At the end of the night, the owner offered us and the other remaining table a free toast of Palinka.

Avoid the tourist traps and go here instead!

1  Thank Asia W
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I went to this place with my girlfriend and a few other friends, it seemed this place just opened recently. The decoration is really stylish, it's really relaxing even just to sit there. The food was also well done, compared to the price it was well worth it. We drank some wine and a few "Pa'linka"'s after that, then went home. Enjoyed the evening :)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would just like to back up the words of the previous reviewer, after my work-trip ended my business parter decided to invite me over to this place. The food - although the limited menu -, was very tasty, and the service was quality was excellent. When I'll visit Hungary next time, I'll be sure to visit this place again!

Reviewed October 28, 2011

We happened upon this wine bar/restaurant completely by chance and decided to give it a try. We were very glad we did. The menu is rather limited but everything was excellent. Modest portions beatifully presented with superb wines. The decor is extremely well done: black and white checkerboard floors, dark wooden furniture, a few mirrors and glorious folk/baroque wallpaper. The service was attentive without being overbearing. Highly recommended.

1  Thank KathdeRoubaix