“Tasty & quick”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Our experience at tao was a good one. All the food was tasty and the green ice tea was amazing too. Good snack. Girl at the cash did her best to explain in english

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Glad I didnt read other reviews before eating here else I wouldn't have gone! Seems I had a different experience to others as we really enjoyed our meal and felt the service was great.

We stumbled across the restaurant during the day and had a tea outside, the look and smell of the food made us come back for dinner and we weren't disappointed. Really good chinese food and generous portions. Staff were pleasant and it made a difference not to be waited on hand and foot- they just let us get on with our dinner and the price was excellent for the amount we had - £10 for 2 large platefulls and 2 small bottles of wine. I recommend

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place before. It was knowed by good quality for reachable price (not too cheap..) well designed enterier, extremly good location. Imagine u can sit in peace next to one of the busiest square in Budapest, and just checking the vibrant life around u :)

I came here again with this hope, but the food was cold, dry, and rude service. Now the place is common, nothing special...
Im really disappointed

Reviewed June 1, 2014

The service is rude, as you will find in lots of places here in Budapest (sorry Hungarians, but you know that it is true). If you are in a low budget trip, is a very nice and cheap place, the food doesn't have all the fat that you will find in the other chinese restaurants.

The girls ask you to select your food in a hurry, and they don't care about you, even if you are the only one in the restaurant, they are in a hurry and rude. The girl that takes the money is f**** rude, just pay her and don't care about it.

The outside tables are nice :)

So, nice food, good price, nice place, good location, terrible service.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was a little gem before with quality ingredients and good tasting asian food but that time has gone. I went back today and two major NO-NO happened. The quick serving girls used their fingers to drop back some noodles landed on the service area. No gloves just like you would feed pigeons in the park. The other bad thing was the temperature of the food. It was cold, completely unenjoyable. I mentioned it to the Chinese chick by the register but I don't think she "registered it".
Used to be much better before so I know that you guys can do better than that!