“exploring budapest by bike”
Review of Bikebase Budapest

Bikebase Budapest
Ranked #26 of 100 Outdoor Activities in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Bikebase rents a wide variety of bicycles: city, cross, touring & mtb. Sells new & second hand bikes and all kinds of equipments & accessories for cyclists.
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“exploring budapest by bike”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Easy to find bike-shop with good, reliable bikes and very helpfull staff! They will help you to see the best of Budapest on a bike of your choice. I highly recommend Bikebase Budapest for a nice bike trip.

Visited June 2013

Budapest, Hungary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

When I came to Budapest for one semester to study, I knew I would want a bike to get around! I was prepared to visit a few shops and compare prices, and Bikebase was my first stop. The service was great and the prices were fair - so I just ended up buying a great used road bike from them. They gave me a deal on a good lock and told me it is possible to sell it back to them at the end of my semester. Bikebase has a large selection of used bikes and a student-friendly price and I would recommend purchasing from them because they also provide a few free services which have come in handy, such as air for tires and fixing loose parts. The bike has been a life saver here in Budapest and let me see more of the city without the hassle of trams and metros. Recommended service at Bikebase!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Erin K
Budapest, Hungary
“simply excellent”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My first contact was by email asking for the availability of around 15 bikes for a date. The answer was fast and clear, with all information required, even more. They reserved bikes and there was no need of deposit. The bikes were wonderful and they selected them taking in account your height and asking you if you preferred another one. The staff is very friendly and they gave us a map and explained us how to get the place we wanted to arrive. In addition, they lend you some stuff so if you have any problem you can fix it.
In conclusion: good quatity of bikes and wide range of them, perfect attention and good prize.

Visited May 2013
Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bike rental Budapest”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Completely new bikes, easy to find, good price and helpful employees. What more can you ask for a splendid trip in Budapest?

Compliments!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Theo S
London
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Donauradweg Great 2nd hand bikes”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We cycled the Danube in 2012 and bought 2nd hand bikes here as it looked tricky to hire bikes east of Hungary. They were the best bikes we've ever had (we're not biking jocks though) and got us to the Black Sea fine, where we gave them away (still cheaper than hiring bikes all the way, even if we had been able to). Really helpful English speaking staff. We found it easy to find hotels to look after our bikes when we had to come back to England a couple of times for work.

Visited July 2012