“They really know how to make you feel welcome”
Review of Kadarka wine bar

Kadarka wine bar
Ranked #79 of 3,160 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: You can taste more than 40 Hungarian famous, popular and traditional wines and have some snacks in a friendly athmosphere. There is a special sale price for wine to get away.
USA
“They really know how to make you feel welcome”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had a guest that got locked out of the apartment me rent in Budapest. The guests went across the street to the Kadarka Wine Bar to wait for the management company to show up with the lock smith. The ownership and staff of the wine bar made them feel so welcome and at home that they almost appreciated getting locked out (almost). My wife and I had walked past the place dozens of times but never gone in, but felt an obligation to go in and have a drink and express our appreciation for the kindness to our guests. It took about 5 minutes for us to understand just how special this place is. This place should be on everyone's list a place to stop each day for at least one drink. Be sure to try the food as well. Every plate is a work of art. Thank you Kadarka and we will make sure all our guests know just how wonderful a place you have. See you again in the fall.

• Visited June 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
“Great spot!”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Corner spot with large windows. Clean and modern interior nothing but you at the center. Fairly priced menu with great wines and finger food. I haven't tried any of their main courses but maybe next time. Service makes the place personal. They really care for you.

• Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great wine, service, food and price!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Being first timers we went to Kadarka on the back of the reviews. It lived up to our expectations on both a Friday and Sunday night.

Service - The service was second to none and the waiter was very knowledgeable about what wines we should try off the back of our poor description of what we like. On our second visit a few days later the waiter recognised us and in addition to providing great service he also offered us some free nibbles, nice touch.

Price - The price is sensational with a 150ml glass costing roughly the equivalent of 2-3 euros.

Food - we only had some nibbles and a cheese platter but on the back of these I assume all of the food is great. I recommend the cheeseboard which is great value.

• Visited April 2012
Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
“Great again”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We visited Kadarka again and it was as nice as before. We're very happy that business is doing well!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank lukaszuka
Budapest
“Wonderful Prosecco & Big Buttons!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This was my 1st trip to Kadarka and I loved it. The staff were relaxed, friendly and helpful and proceeded to gently talk me into supping more alcohol units than was perhaps wise. The decor is modern and funky, as is the clientele it attracts.
We started with a 2011 Portugieser, which was light and fruity - as recommended by our waitress.
We then moved on to stronger stuff - Me to a wonderful prosecco and then 2 glasses of "Big Buttons" cava, my friend to beautifully mixed Aperol spritzers....
We were also pro
I promised Arpad the owner I would write a review - It is thoroughly deserving of an "Excellent" rating and I am sure there will be many more visits from me and my friends throughout 2012.

• Visited February 2012