“Welcome Budapest Apartments - Superb 2 night stay”

Welcome Budapest Apartments
Ranked #18 of 673 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed March 18, 2013

What a hidden gem! The apartment was in a typically local building - looked a bit run down in the stairwell / from the outside, but the apartment was beautiful and modern inside. The room looked very contemporary / clean & new and contained everything we needed for a 2 night city break - you didn't even have to bring a toothbrush / toothpaste as a welcome pack was in the bathroom.

The room had a very comfortable bed upstairs on a mezzanine with a lounge / kitchenette & bathroom downstairs. The kitchen was great for making breakfast each day, and with Tesco right underneath it couldn't have been a better location.

Francesco (the manager of the apartments) is fantastic from the moment you book - I sent him a few emails and he answered them quickly, and he was waiting for us upon arrival, and even gave us a bottle of wine in the room - thank you Francesco!

If you like grand hotel lobby's then this place isn't for you, but if you're looking for a beautiful apartment, in a fantastic location (minutes walk from lots of great bars, Danube river is 15 mins walk away, Parliament is 20 mins walk and Heroes Square 30 mins walk) then this is for you.

Room Tip: We had a studio split level room, which was perfect for us.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
francesco a, Proprietario at Welcome Budapest Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you a lot, for your good and precise review. Your satisfation make me so happy. I hope you will come again here in Budapest and i can host you again in my apartment.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Staying at this flat was absolutely amazing! It provided us the comfort and freedom for a great holiday! Nice location, close to great bars and restaurants and within walking distance of all major attractions.
I totally recommend it!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
francesco a, Proprietario at Welcome Budapest Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

I'm very happy that your stay was good, I want thank you for good review and i hope we can meet again here in Budapest and you will enjoy this beautiful city.
Best regards.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We spent 5 amazing days in Hungarian capital and that I can say about this apartmnet: best location in heart of Budapest and really good price!!!It was super comfortable stay in this apartments because of modern equipment and very helpful owner Francesco!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
francesco a, Proprietario at Welcome Budapest Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you so much for you review, I'm happy to know that your holiday was good and did you like my apartment. I hope to have pleasure to host you again, thanks.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent a weekend here last weekend, and this place is simply amazing! Everything works, everything looks brand new, all facilities are there.

The bathroom is great: big bath tub, hot shower, lots of space. The bed is comfy, the kitchen is well-equipped, and the dining table and seating corner are also good to hang.

The service is outstanding: Francisco was incredibly friendly and helpful, and there's plenty of information available about the city. And the location is bang-on!!

At a price per night of about 50 euros, I would seriously recommend this to anyone going to Budapest.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
francesco a, Proprietario at Welcome Budapest Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I want thank you a lot for your good review, your satisfation make me happy.
I hope you can come again here in budapest and we can meet again, thanks a lot.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The appartment is located very close to the center of the city. It was very comfortable, clean and warm! It had everything you might need for a pleasant stay, from a coffee machine to a washing machine. It provided autonomy and was very quiet, despite facing rakoczi street which is a very central street. (Of course this may depend on the season of visit, for example we went on January, so windows were fully closed, because it was too cold). Francesco, the owner, was very friendly and helpful and polite!We would definitely recommend it and of course we would like to visit Welcome Budapest Apartments again!!!Everything was great!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
francesco a, Proprietario at Welcome Budapest Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you a lot for your good review, I'm happy to know that your stay in my apartment was very good for you. I hope to see you again here in Budapest.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

ADVANTEAGES: The apartament is really nice with a furnished kitchen. Francesco (the italian owner) is very kind and available for any kind of request. Also the position is perfect for visiting the city.
DRAWBACKS: the bathroom was very stuffy maybe due to a problem with the sewer and the street where the apartament il located is quite crowded and noisy even during night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
francesco a, Proprietario at Welcome Budapest Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for your review, I'm happy that you liked the apartment, I just want just say sorry for the little problem in the bathroom , it was not my fault, but a little building problem, but now everything is solved and if you will want visit again Budapest you will have a discount if you will like stay again in our apartment, thanks.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for four nights in November, and had an absolutely fantastic time. From Francesco's helpfulness to the welcome bottle of wine waiting for us, we slipped into Budapest life easily. The flat was well-furnished and had all the necessary amenities. It was a comfortable place to hang out and saved us a little money because we could cook some of our own meals (supermarket right downstairs!). I'm still astonished with how cheap it was for what we got. The location was pretty good, too. It was pretty close to the Astoria metro station. Staying here made us feel as though we were Budapest residents, which is exactly what we wanted to do for a few days. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurel G
francesco a, Proprietario at Welcome Budapest Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you so much for your review with pictures too, I'm very happy that your stay in appartment made you feel like at home, this is what i want to my guests.
I hope to host you again here in Budapest.