“creative decor and nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pastrami

Pastrami
Ranked #1,141 of 3,080 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, International, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: www.pastrami.hu
Budapest, Hungary
“creative decor and nice food”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have visited the restaurant for a Saturday dinner at 7 pm. By the time we arrived, we were the only guests but later on more people came - even just for drinks or quick snacks. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful, so it seems like we were lucky with him.
"Madártej" was really delicious, highly recommended dessert!
My only negative comment is that the choice of vegetarian dishes is very limited - but this is quite typical in most of the restaurants.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank trinity19812016

• Hungarian first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Average restaurant”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

It was very easy to park right next to the restaurant. We had breakfast outside. It was relatively quiet, we had comfortable seating on the covered patio. The waiter was polite and brought the drinks and food quickly. I had scrambled eggs with bacon, the others had sandwiches. My food, my latte and fresh orange juice was excellent. The dishes are rather small and served without garnishes or decoration. The waiter did not ask what kind of bread I want or if it should be toasted just brought a basket of sliced bread. The presentation of the food was poor, but the food was good and enough for someone with average appetite. They have a children play area inside where the kids can have fun while the parents eat and talk. It is an inexpensive, average place, nothing extraordinary. By American standards the meals should be bigger and more nicely presented, but this restaurant in Hungary and most likely it complies with the local standards. I would recommend it to those who does not have high expectations and just want a decent meal at a decent restaurant. If you are nearby this restaurant try it but it is not worth a special trip from far away.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Lepke24
“Going home”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Everybody who has two boys (3 and 5) knows the sunday lunch can turn into a nightmare once they start to run wild. To avoid it go to Pastrami. Totally kid-friendly in every aspect. On top of that the food, the service and the design is absolutely amazing.

Visited May 2012
Manchester, UK
“So bad it was funny”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We made a special trip to this restaurant having read positive reviews; it's quite a way out from the centre of Budapest, near the amphitheatre. It was a very hot evening so we ordered the homemade lemonade when we arrived but it was served luke warm without ice. We then ordered starters, main courses and wine. The restaurant was empty apart from one other table and we sat outside. The starters arrived and were ok, but no sign of the wine. Our waiter was seemingly playing with children's toys inside so we eventually managed to attract the attention of another waiter who brought us our drinks. Our cutlery was taken away with the starters and not replaced, so when our mains arrived we had to go hunting for knives and forks ourselves because the waiters were nowhere to be seen. One of the mains was wrong, but was replaced quickly without fuss. My Ceaser salad was below average. We then noticed a mouse or rat running around the tables, as did the two ladies on the other table. This started a very amusing chase by the waiter who failed to catch the rodent despite his best efforts. Overall the food was average and on the expensive side (by Budapest standards) but the service let the place down. Considering how empty it was in the evening, I assume this is more of a lunchtime restaurant and so I cannot recommend it for an evening meal.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Michael S
“Far from what I expected”
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

I tried Pastrami some days ago because I've heard pretty good opinions about the food and atmosphere. Well, the latter is quite true, I was fond of that I could see the exact progress of preparing the food. On the other hand the meals were not nearly as good as I expected. Maybe if I had read the comments about the sandwiches, I would never have tried it. But unfortunately I have. I'd rather leave out the negative characterization of it, you can find it a few reviews below. To mention the service, the waiters are not so attentive, but rather slow.