“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chess Restaurant

Chess Restaurant
Ranked #124 of 3,089 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Description: Italian –French-Hungarian Bistro cuisineTradition & Evolution Our Executive Chef, Levente Kovacs thinks this way about our cuisine:“The youthful and modern bistro cuisine is my world, it can renew day by day, it combines the gastronomic ‘lifestyle’ of different places in the world, even on one plate, in a way that, I don't use hundreds of spices with each other, but I’m trying to create exciting contrasts. I do a kind of kitchen minimal-design because simple can be great also. It causes difficulties sometimes for me to not to put all my ideas into one dish. I’m trying to use the raw materials as they were given to me by nature itself, changing only as much as I need. And then we get to a point, where simple is not so simple anymore. Ease and great tasting harmony in life, in the kitchen and on the plate.Simple is hard. Enjoy!”What else can we say? The Chess Restaurant is an intimate place in black and white, absolutely a place to get together frequently, where You can try new dishes day by day with it’s always renewing kitchen creativity, served simply and clearly.The Chess Restaurant opened, it’s Your move now!
London, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This must be one of the best restaurants in Budapest! Located in the Pest side of Budapest this place is a must if you are looking for good food, service and ambiance! Once we ordered we were given a complimentary glass of champagne, then came the food, amazing tomato soup for starter, steak for main and chocolate souffle desert. All this, bottle of wine and all for around £40. You would pay at least double in any restaurant in London! A bit special!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Kiev, Ukraine
“Good food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The food is good. Location - I di not know. Atmosphere - like at charming cafe. But they charge 10% for service, and the when I was ordering glad of wine , he gave me double portion, and I found it only at the bill. If I knew, I would order a bottle.

5 Thank Alexdomin
“Little Gem! Fine dining at reasonable prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We went here for my birthday meal as it had good reviews. We were not disappointed! Fantastic food with some very interesting but delectable combinations. Welcome drink upon arrival and very nice staff. Would definitely eat here again and would recommend to all.

Norway
“Very good food, service and interior”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed this restaurant. Nice interior. Attentive, nice service. A good a la carte selection. I was a bit sceptical to the French, Italian, Hungarian menu, but it worked out fine. I had a gulasch soup for starter, and the sea bass for main course. Both very nice. Would not hesitate to eat here when returning and recommend it to anyone wanting a fine dinner for a very reasonable price.

Visited September 2013
Middelburg, The Netherlands
“Really good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

No pretensions just really good food. It is not a restaurant you would drive 100 miles for but if you are in the neighborhood and you want to dine in a fancy restaurant without having to dress up this is the place to be. The food is really good and service is great making the bill almost ridiculous low.

• Visited August 2013