“Warm and welcoming”

Ranked #77 of 3,160 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: Charming small restaurant at the castle district with modest prices. Hungarian and International dishes, Gulash soup and some other traditional Hungarian meals + PIZZA and Pasta. Free WIFI, terrace at nice weather at a quiet street 150m away from the the St. Mathias Church at the Orszaghaz u. 10.
Hong Kong
“Warm and welcoming”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

A small cozy and unpretentious place that serves good pizza and big portion entrees. The single waitress was very friendly - wished us happy holidays. My daughter-in-law dropped her hat under the table and the waitress ran to catch up with us and gave her the hat. What a wonderful gesture!

Visited December 2013

• Slovak first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Tasty pizza”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Went here for lunch on a short visit to the city, sat outside as it was warm enough. Pizza was good ... not as good as you'd get in NY or Chicago but that is understandable. Not extremely cheap but reasonably priced. I did not have specific directions and when I asked around, no one could seem to direct me. But I eventually found it. Staff is very nice was helpful in directing me to the proper bus stop to where I was going.

Visited October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Charming little find”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We were hungry after exploring Buda Castle and were looking for a decent and affordable place to eat at. Tripadvisor gave this place good reviews so we decided to eat here. It serves great pizzas but does plenty of other food too!

The goulash soup was served in a bread bowl and was an excellent way to warm up after the chill outside. The 32cm Osbudavar pizza was excellent - thin, crispy, decently-topped and spicy. The frutti di mare was unusual, incorporating lemon and generous servings of parmesan. But it turned out really well! All in, the meal for 2 cost just over 5000 forint.

Best of all, the middle-aged waitress serving us was very warm, patient and friendly! This small restaurant was really a surprising gem, especially since it's located in a touristy area.

2 Thank KyleKoh
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Excellent affordable meal. ”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We went as a family for lunch after visiting the underground hospital. The female waitress was friendly and warm.

We had pizzas and pasta that were home made and really really good, sitting outside under blankets.

When we left the waitress blew kisses to my youngest daughter! Charming unspoilt affordably priced and definitely worth a visit. The soup in a loaf looked amazing ( yes soup in a loaf of bread - no bowl)I will be trying that on my next visit.

2 Thank Jo B
Restless in Essex
“Great little find”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went to the Osbudavar due to great reviews on Trip Advisor and we were staying in a hotel just around the corner, so it seemed to make sense. The restaurant is very close to the Church in Buda, but when we went in the evening it was very quiet, but the service was very prompt, efficient and unobstrusive. We both ordered Pizzas and they were fantastic, huge and very very tasty. Couple of local beers to wash it all done and a lovely evening, sitting outside in the warm summer watching the world go by. I would recommend to anyone, couples, familys etc. We didnt try anything but the Pizza, but other people in the restaurant did have other dishes and everything looked wonderful.

• Visited July 2013