“Little Gem”

Ranked #84 of 3,304 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: Charming small restaurant at the castle district with modest prices. Hungarian and International dishes, Gulash soup and some other traditional Hungarian meals + PIZZA and Pasta. Free WIFI, terrace at nice weather at a quiet street 150m away from the the St. Mathias Church at the Orszaghaz u. 10.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is a tiny restaurant with only a handful of indoor tables. Service was good and we had a lovely lunch here. The soup served in a loaf of bread was warming and tasty and we shared a delicious pizza. With a couple of beers it was around 5000 HUF which we thought very reasonable.

4  Thank AttitudeAdjuster

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

It is a small, familly owned resturant in a castle hill district. Owner seems to be a nice middle aged lady. Ambient is very home-like and prices are reasonable. You should totally check it out if you are in the area!

3  Thank Jan H
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Great food ,great warm service! Tiny place but big heart.We were party of four and although it was already busy we managed to squeeze in .Don't miss out an excellent broccoli soup in a bread bowl! Chicken in mushroom sauce was tasty as well. If you're visiting Fisherman Bastion and want to have a nice not overpriced lunch, this is a place to go.

3  Thank Stefan K
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been staying on business in Budapest for the past 2 weeks and stayed in both Buda and Pest. Upon moving to the Buda side I was so disappointed with the quality (poor) and the price (high) of restaurants around the castle (compared to Pest). Imagine my delight at discovering this charming little restaurant after searching on trip advisor. It really is a beacon of light in the middle of predictable, overpriced tourist restaurants.
The waitress ( and I think owner) was charming and friendly, offering me seating inside or out. The menu is simple (but with good choice) Italian and Hungarian food. The pizzas (when you have had your fill of hungarian meat dishes), are some of the finest rustic versions I have tried anywhere in the world. The local wine in very good (dry white) and the prices extremely reasonable.
I just wish I had found this restaurant sooner in my trip to try some more dishes and encounter the lovely service, food and welcome. This usn't a fancy restaurant, but it is a good one - HIGHLY recommended.

5  Thank Caroline5067
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I wandered past here a little peckish around lunch and decided to stop for a drink and look at the menu. A glass of large house red and a beer was just a few pound we sat outside in the sunshine and also ordered a large pizza to share of bacon, onion peppers and paprika . The bill came to around £12 which was great but even better was the lady who was running the place. She was lovely and made such an effort to make sure we were ok. They provided little blankets on the outside seats in case you were cold and she was so happy,even though rushed off her feet! Only just off the main tourist area just yards from the Hilton. We will be going back again before we leave here!

4  Thank theforkofphil