Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Amazing experience

Reviewed September 27, 2018
Toth G
via mobile
A great guide in any instance

Reviewed May 17, 2018
BarbDev
Ossining, New York
via mobile

All reviews beautiful city delightful guide historical knowledge tour guide great tour monastery hungary sights vineyards depth
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

To be honest, I didn't think a guided tour around Budapest would be my thing. However Andras, opened my eyes to what a wonderful and interesting experience it could be.

We, a mixed Hungarian and English party of 5, booked a 3-hour tour with him. The time flew by! We saw so many interesting sites: Andras put these all into an amazingly interesting context. We were fascinated from beginning to end. He has such a depth of knowledge, gave us a great background of information, and answered all our questions (which were many) intelligently, informatively and inspiringly: such an interesting and rewarding experience.

In addition he spoke perfect English, was very friendly and accommodating: we booked him at short notice and, when we were running late, happily let us finish the end of our meal before starting. He, also, generously gave us more than 3 hours actual tour, since we were so interested.

I have no hesitation in giving him full marks, 6 out of 5 stars! I would happily hire him for another tour around Budapest - there is still sooo much to see and such a great and inspiring way to see it! And all the party agreed with me.

Thank you Andras!

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the expertise of Andras during our recent visit to Budapest. Whether showing us the sights of Buda's castle, taking us to the countryside to visit Pannonhalma with its majestic monastery and wonderful restaurant, or dining with us at a rooftop restaurant in Pest as the sun set, Andras proved to be an extremely knowledgeable and well versed guide. He answered every question on topics ranging from history to life in Hungary or even how to get around on the trams. I highly recommend him if you would like to be shown Budapest from the point of view of a native. And he is wonderful company as well!

1  Thank BarbDev
ur75c, Owner at Budapest Essence, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara! It was a pleasure to show you around and I'm glad you have such good memories of your visit!

Reviewed March 6, 2018

We have just spent the nicest weekend in Budapest, a great city for a longer break, with our excellent guide, Andras.

Within 4 days, we got everything we wished for, a real tailor-made getaway. Some royal and some Communist history, relaxation in a romantic spa, great food at market places, beautiful sights from a boat on the Danube, a bit of shopping - what a real treat it was!

1  Thank RitaandJohn
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

András was such an incredible guide in Budapest. We covered so much ground in one day and saw so many sights. He was incredibly knowledgeable about Budapest and it’s history. He was happy to go at the pace we wanted and tailored the day to our interests. What a a great guy to spend the day with and so much fun. He even helped us plan our next day and has offered suggestions for future trips in other nearby countries. We could not have asked for more or been more pleased with our tour!
Thanks András!

Reviewed January 16, 2018

I biked around Lake Balaton with a 3 other cyclists in the group organised by András, the guide. Had a beautiful, warm weekend in late September and the pretty landscape, vulacnic hills for example the Badacsony – good wine! all make this tour excellent. The arrangement was very professional and personal, so everybody could suggest where we stop, relax, eat, drink and so on. Certainly, we got some refreshment in wine bars and in the already cool lake when we stopped at the beaches. It was the time for harvest so we could see that happen too. The round tour is quite long, about 205 -210 km but we took it very easy in 3 days. On the way we just went to enjoy sights and the beauty of landscapes. My favourite stop is the Tihany peninsula with lot of culture. So, the balance was ideal for me because there was a lot of moving and a lot of cultural stops. I can recommend this amazing tour on bicycle and my friendly guide as well!

Reviewed January 13, 2018

Me and my family love wine and we knew from other people that Andras takes travellers to some traditional areas for wine tasting. We were a group of local friends and friends from abroad and visited the very famous Tokaj region with our guide where it was really amazing. There we went from one cellar to an other one usually on bikes – it is faster,and safer. We even went over the border with Slovakia where the region continues and could spend a fun evening in some caves which were more than fivehundred years old. We tasted many sort of wines and loved it. We were very satisfied that we could choose our guide because he is great company, funloving and knows a lot about the country! Thank you!

2  Thank _fodorj1900
Reviewed January 13, 2018

My husband and I had a wondeful 3-day tour in rural Hungary this autumn. We toured mostly around Lac Balaton, especially the Northern shore where the vulcanic hills and the vineyards are also the hot-spa-lake called Heviz.
The area is wonderful, serene and our personal guide, Andras is a great guy. He was very professional, fun company and a great tour organiser. Every day and every trip we took was completely fit to our wishes and he could change the programs very flexibly. We were very much impressed by the excellent job he did and also by everything countryside Hungary offered.
Delcious wines, tasty local food, beautiful landscape, soaking in a warm-water lake in the middle of a city forest, all this and a delightful guide. Most people always get stuck in the city but we have gone off the beaten track many times now ( particularly during our many visits in Hungary ) and it’s really worth it! I can only recommend our guide both for city visits or countryside adventures. He welcomes you as a long friend or family and makes your trip memorable,not only in the countryside but in Budapest too!!!

1  Thank anne marie c
Reviewed January 12, 2018

I always look forward to doing something fun when I want my visiting relatives to enjoy their week in Budapest. Just before winter we found out about the activities that András does and we went along, 3 adults and 2 kids. We can rollerskate pretty well, so the idea was to visit the Pest part on rollerskates, which is surely dynamic – of course sometimes we took off the skates and walked too. The feeling was special! and a good training too. We loved that everything was so well planned and he had thought of every possible thing. And we are difficult, too because we wanted to go in different places all the time. No problem, he just changed the routes and everywhere we heard very interesting stories from him. I can say that if you like real experiences, maybe instead of or after the typical tourist bus, go and tour with him.

Reviewed December 10, 2017

I recently visited the city of Budapest with 10 other women. Andras met us at our accomodations in the morning and greeted us with warmth and enthusiasm. We set out on an 8 hour private tour. Andras was very attentive to all of our needs and was happy to stop and answer questions and accomodate our needs. He is very knowledgable and truly passionate about his city. He provided us with great historical and political information as well as some folklore. Andras isn't just a guide, he is a friend to all he meets. I have to say in all my travels, Andras was a top notch guide and I will be sure to seek him out when I visit this magnificent city again.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

Andras was first class from the beginning of our communication via email to the time we said goodbye to him. We were a group of 11 ladies that booked a full 8 hour day of private touring. He met us at our accommodation first thing in the morning and we set out for great day. Andras was always making sure we were all happy and comfortable (stopping when we needed to stop). He is a very warm, energetic and intelligent person who clearly knows and loves his city. We had many laughs with him though out the day - I would highly recommend him to anyone headed to Budapest. He even does private bike and wine tours out of the city.