“Buda/Pest b-sides”
Review of Budapest Essence

Budapest Essence
Ranked #84 of 318 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Budapest is known to be one of the most scenic and beautiful cities. It's charm attracts people from all around the world. Now it's your turn to discover it. It's really a "breath of fresh air" among other capitals more advertised. A foreign friend of mine believes that the city still is rather underrated, so she has become an ardent "promoter" of the Budapest overseas. About the tailor-made walks : I have opted for organizing personalized sightseeing walks instead of large-scale tours in order to provide quality service. While the routes may also lead to well-known sights, they will eventually venture into areas located off-the-beaten path - to give you a chance to glimpse behind the touristic scene. The walks are thus tailored to your needs and enable you to gain insight into everyday life, the arts, and architecture of Budapest. You will be able to explore the most authentic aspects of Budapest, as if shown around by a local friend.Guiding is also available in Italian & Spanish.
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We have experienced with Andrés a wonderful moment on the Buda and Pest b-sides. We have visited the Jewish quarter, the cemetery + "off the beaten" path-walks in the 8th district. Andrés advised us many authentic Turkish baths. We also went to see different "Art Nouveau" buildings. We've been very happy with this more than 3-hour walking tour. We definitely recommend it. Thanks Andrés!

1  Thank Hacene C

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family and I were in Budapest for just 2 days and wanted to see the highlights of the city. Andras, our English speaking guide from Budapest sensations took us around the entire city in a day tour. He had everything planned before hand. Andras is really friendly and took a personal interest in making our day so enjoyable and memorable. We had a great time and we can't thank him enough for all the fun we had!

4  Thank sneha212
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Getting the most out of local architecture and history is always high priority for me when traveling. So when my friends and I found this unorthodox, informative, yet enjoyable city walk we were pretty excited - and it turned out to be a great choice. We asked the guide to choose the most exciting parts of some of the tours offered and come up with something genuine that suits our interests, which he did. The walk was very flexible, so we could stop at cares and just chill out but we learnt a lot and had a great time with him. It was a real refreshment after some typically touristy sightseeing a we had been before. I can highly recommend Andrew's walks. It's well worth every penny.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Raday-utca, Budapest. The Street where we are staying has a special spirit an individual character. It is dominated by galleries, restaurants, outdoor and indoor cafes. Amazingly, there are about one every 20 steps with so many options.
At the moment we are having coffee, so delicious. Come and join and share that impression!

3  Thank csutika
Reviewed January 15, 2012

When I was visiting Budapest, Hungary this summer, I opted for a small guided tour of the city - and it turned out to be the best choice I could make. There are various themed tours these guys offer, for all sorts of tastes - I chose a general tour, and liked it so much that went back for an art-themed tour, too (on Secessionist architecture). The guide was not only extremely knowledgeable but also terribly friendly and always ready to change anything in the course to better suit our individual tastes. Such degree of flexibility is indeed rare in this industry! I guess it's possible in the first place because they're not into the massive money-making endeavour for which companies typically gather large masses of people (more people mean more money) - this is an admittedly small-case operation, in which the guides' love and enthusiam for the city and its sights gives you a really intimate, first-hand experience of a great capital! It's the closest you can get to really getting a feel for a city without actually having to live there for months. I'd highly recommend the tour to everyone - they even have a website called BudapestEssence that you can check out!

4  Thank Aniko V