“Ideal!”
Review of Carpe Noctem Vitae

Carpe Noctem Vitae
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hostel took on a group of over 50 of us last week. It was a warm, comfortable place which was perfect for winter with all the space for hanging out. The budapest party hostel lifestyle was epic, but the hostel was still nice and quiet when we got home late. Highlights were the boat party, the home cooked meals in the evening and the open mic night! Staff were great, the place was spotless and someone was always cleaning away. Overall people can't stop talking about the trip, so we're giving 100% recommendation for vitae. See you next time!
Europa society.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 27, 2013

AMAZING!! had the best time! and the staff is super friendly!they help you with everything (finding your way to the hostel, telling you what to see in Budapest and the best places to eat)! the staff goes out with you and brings you to the coolest bars/clubs in budapest. The 4 sister hostels organise great nights out such as pub crawls, boat partys with chapagne, karaoke nights...the hostel is close to everything (walking distance to the town centre and other means of public transport)!! Its the best hostel ive been too and i travelled througout europe! i definatly want to come back again as soon as possible!! THANKS FOR everything!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been lucky enough to come through Budapest quite a few times (some through work, many through play) and have stayed in various hostels/hotels.. Until I found this place!
Nowhere in Europe will you find a place where you feel more comfortable, more of a family atmosphere or a place that's harder to leave!
The location is perfect (2min walk from oktogon & 10min walk from main metro station) and there are plenty of avenues at the hostel to find cool stuff to see/do in this hidden gem of a city during the day!
Then there's night!! Every night, Vitae will take you out as a group for a themed event with other party hostels- to get a real party hostel experience, and also get an idea of the eclectic nightlife Budapest offers!
But by and large the main reason ill keep on returning is the staff!! Rob, Brent, Keys, Morpheous + the temp staff I would consider friends of mine after my stay there, but not just to me- the guest first mentality they have stems from the love they have for the city and the genuine care to make sure EVERYONE leaves Budapest feeling the same! They are absolutely the engine for this amazing hostel!
You will always thank yourself for choosing to book here!
Thanks again vitae!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I gather I'm not the first person to have booked into Vitae for a couple of nights and ended up staying a whole lot longer than originally planned... I'm not sure whether its the awesome staff who take a genuine interest in making sure you, the guest, have an awesome time, or the chilled out vibe the magical hostel possesses. Even now, I feel like the terms "staff" and "guest" don't convey the Vitae atmosphere. You share a space with some incredibly friendly people, who take genuine interest in one another and are all too happy to socialise as a group. In turn, this inspires the guests to contribute to this vibe, and the feeling of happiness and charm spreads to everyone involved. Its a self-perpetuating buzz, and the recipe seems just right.

The entertainment the folks put in is class - they know where to head to find the parties in this city. Fortunately, they're never far away - Vitae's location is excellent. Its a 5 minute walk to he metro, but I found walking the best way around. You can make it into the river and beyond to Buda, or to the must-do Szecheny Baths without feeling like you've walked the Nijmegen Vierdaagse... This, combined with the stroll past the monuments at the top of Andrussy, and maybe even a skate-sesh, is the ultimate hangover cure. You may need it..

I thought my bed was one of the comfiest I've ever found in a hostel. Despite there being fourteen of them in my dorm, there's tons (or should that be "heaps") of space for your kit.

I think what I liked most of all was the relaxed atmosphere - if you want to check-in in the morning, its cool. Your bed might be occupied, but you can mong out on the biggest bean bag you've ever seen, with free tea, coffee, wi-fi, and your ipod plugged in to the hi-fi, for example.

I'll be back. Not sure how long it will be, but its definitely a case of "when", not "if". Maybe in the summer time? I wouldn't be surprised if this place gets booked out in advance. I reckon the word is spreading the Carpe Noctem Vitae is the place to be...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cvrk2
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I can't put into words how much I enjoyed the 5 short days that I stayed at Carpe Noctem Vitae (The BEST of the 4 party hostels in Budapest), but I'll try!
The way I would describe the unique atmosphere at Carpe Notcem Vitae, is a massive share house, where the staff are super relaxed, and way crazier than the guests!
Every night, some kind of outing is organised, including bar crawls, all you can drink, strawpeedo boat races, open mike night, river boat cruise and lots and lots of Karaoke.
And what kind of Hostel, when you leave, do all the staff come and hug you goodbye? A freaking Awesome one!!
Can't wait to come back, and am already thinking about booking flights back during summer!
Best hostel experience in the whole 2 months I was in Europe for!
If you're into for an amazing time, this is where it's at!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Recently I stayed here for Christmas and Cinetrip 2012, I planned my entire European Vacation around being at Vitae for these events and it didn't disappoint.
If you want a fun hostel for having an awesome time in Budapest this is your venue. There are events organised every night if you want to party and then during the day the staff are always full of great ideas of things to do, whether it be places to eat, see or explore. The staff are amazing and will look after you, from the moment you walk in the door they make you feel welcome and will make every effort to ensure you enjoy your time in Budapest.
I have recommended Vitae to all my friends that have traveled to Budapest since my first stay in 2011 and they have all thanked me for it. So stop looking at other hostels and book yourself in to Vitae, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Absolutely absolutely wonderful. Welcoming comfortable and sick sick fun. All the staff are just great, with a note to keys. Get him to show you the map. Every night is the best night. I loved my time there and didn't want to leave

• Stayed: January 2013