“Now THAT is a Hostel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carpe Noctem Vitae

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Carpe Noctem Vitae
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Now THAT is a Hostel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I can't put into words how much I enjoyed the 5 short days that I stayed at Carpe Noctem Vitae (The BEST of the 4 party hostels in Budapest), but I'll try!
The way I would describe the unique atmosphere at Carpe Notcem Vitae, is a massive share house, where the staff are super relaxed, and way crazier than the guests!
Every night, some kind of outing is organised, including bar crawls, all you can drink, strawpeedo boat races, open mike night, river boat cruise and lots and lots of Karaoke.
And what kind of Hostel, when you leave, do all the staff come and hug you goodbye? A freaking Awesome one!!
Can't wait to come back, and am already thinking about booking flights back during summer!
Best hostel experience in the whole 2 months I was in Europe for!
If you're into for an amazing time, this is where it's at!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Recently I stayed here for Christmas and Cinetrip 2012, I planned my entire European Vacation around being at Vitae for these events and it didn't disappoint.
If you want a fun hostel for having an awesome time in Budapest this is your venue. There are events organised every night if you want to party and then during the day the staff are always full of great ideas of things to do, whether it be places to eat, see or explore. The staff are amazing and will look after you, from the moment you walk in the door they make you feel welcome and will make every effort to ensure you enjoy your time in Budapest.
I have recommended Vitae to all my friends that have traveled to Budapest since my first stay in 2011 and they have all thanked me for it. So stop looking at other hostels and book yourself in to Vitae, you won't regret it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Absolutely absolutely wonderful. Welcoming comfortable and sick sick fun. All the staff are just great, with a note to keys. Get him to show you the map. Every night is the best night. I loved my time there and didn't want to leave

• Stayed January 2013
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

A friend recommended this hostel to me so I had high expectations but was a little disappointed. The staff make an effort to arrange something and take you out each night but are not overly social with guests during the day. Additionally the rooms are pretty lack lustre. The walls are dirty with marks along with some of the mattresses. I stayed in two of the dorm rooms as the staff asked me to swap half way through my stay. The first was quite spacious but the second very crowded. On the morning I needed to change rooms I walked into my first dorm to find that all of my clothes and possessions had been tossed off my bed and onto a pile on the floor by the staff. I found this very rude and was quite pissed off. The bathrooms are also pretty average and one's outline can be seen through the shower doors.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tarryn J
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hostel with friends in December. The vibe of the hostel is good, especially if your looking to party. We stayed in private rooms which were spacious and clean.
The location was pretty good, we walked most places but you could easily catch public transport also.
If I went back to Budapest with friends I would stay again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Ive been in really good hostels all over europe, and Ive never write a comment in this page. But this crazy Hostel really deserves it!! Was the best time ever!!All the staff its amazing, like an other guy said: Best mix of comfort and party, and the best place to have a hangover =D
And Key man, your awesome! Keep being so cool, hope to come back one day!!

Saludos de Chile!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

This 100% excellent review is all because of Keys. He was the best host ever: helpful, friendly, nice, cheerful, and the most lovely person. The hostel is clean, comfy, and feels like a home. Lots of love!

• Stayed January 2013