“Nice Budapest Bike Tour”

Yellow Zebra Bike and Segway Tours and Rentals
$33.68*
and up
Budapest Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Yellow Zebra Bikes & Segways offers daily biking and Segway tours. We also have over 200 bikes available for tours and rent from high end city trekking bikes to easy touring beach cruisers all new for 2015! We specialize on family bike rental with plenty of kids bikes, tag-a-long, trailers and baby seats to choose from. Also we offer private groups for bikes tours and Segway incentive trips for families, private groups and corporate businesses.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I participated in the Yellow Zebra Bike Tour in the morning. Is a 4-hour bike tour in the Budapest main attractions. We also had a half-hour brake where we had some coffee or refreshments and cakes which were included at the price. The tour was very nice and our guide Kinge informed us for each of the attractions and about the History of the place. She also answered all our questions. Generally it was a nice tour recommended if you want a look to all the main attractions of Budapest.

ManagerBP, Manager at Yellow Zebra Bike and Segway Tours and Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Thank you for your recommendation and for joining our Yellow Zebra Bike Tour. Feel free to visit our office and try the bikes in Prague and Vienna as well.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We just returned from Budapest and our most favorite time there was the time spent with BARBI on our Segway Tour. We are so glad we opted for the 3-hour tour. We had almost decided NOT to go with this company because they didn't offer a trip up to the Castle Hill, but the other company's availability didn't match ours so we went with Yellow Zebra. BARBI was so cute and nice and friendly, we really enjoyed her perspective on the city. She took us all over Budapest, almost in a whirlwind of touring---it was hard to take it all in during the short time we were with her. Luckily, she told us the opening hours of many of the places, and how to go back and enjoy them ourselves (museums, parks, baths, ruin pubs, even where the bus stops are to go over to Castle Hill!) Oh, did I mention that we were FREEZING and WET? No worries, the constant pop-up showers did not take away from the marvelous time we had on this tour, as Barbi provided us with ponchos and jokes to help us make it through the rain! This is a totally recommended tour!
They do NOT provide a bottle of water on the tour (as our Prague & Dresden tours did), so bring your own!

2  Thank isabel_obu

Thank you Isabel! It is great to hear you had fun with Barbi despite the rain and bad weather and we are happy you decided to take our tour. We have Segway tours up in the Castle District as well, next time feel free to join us.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

For my birthday, my partner treated me to a three hour Segway tour of Budapest. I have to say that it was one of the best presents I have ever received as it was unbelievably fun. Segways are very beginner and user friendly so after the 15 minute intro, we all felt comfortable navigating through the streets of Budapest. Our guide, Szabi, was extremely friendly and spoke very good English. I highly recommend Yellow Zebra!

ManagerBP, Manager at Yellow Zebra Bike and Segway Tours and Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Thank you for the comment! We do hope you will have a lot more birthday presents like this, you can try the Segways in Prague on your next one.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Three of us booked a segway tour with Yellow Zebra for the 2 1/2 hour morning tour today. We had a great instructor, Anna, and got the hang of manovering in no time. As there were just the three of us we had a very personal tour with Anna who was knowledgable about the history, very informative and very personable. She made it a fun event that I would recommend highly - and ask for Anna.

We are glad you had a chance to have a tour for just the three of you, this makes the experience with the Segway even more special. Thank you for choosing Yellow Zebra and for recommending Anna as a tour guide!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

To fellow travellers considering the yellow zebra segway tour in Budapest---DO IT!! When I first saw this idea, it seemed kind of quirky, but potentially really fun, although I was a bit concerned about the fact that I had never used a Segway. Having now done this, I can honestly say that I can't think of a better way to see a city like Budapest. First, they gave us about a 15 minute lesson on how to use the device--very professional and carefully done. But honestly, it was hardly necessary. The device is astonishingly easy to operate--so effortless in fact, that it seemed only to take the mere thought to move forward or turn left, and the device would do it. It became so natural and easy within 10 minutes that I felt like I had be doing it for years. After doing it for three hours, I truly mourned having to get off and travel like other humans :) It's a perfect way of seeing the sights because (a) Budapest is mostly flat (we were on the Pest side), (b) this vehicle rides equally comfortably on sidewalks, over curbs, in streets--it's a little all terrain vehicle and is robust, (c) unlike a bike, it requires virtually no effort on your part, (c) you can travel up to 15 miles an hour and speed across town spanning distances to see far away sights that would cost a lot of taxi fare, or bicycle effort or tube navigation to see, (d) you can sightsee while riding, after about 10 minutes getting used to it, (e) people look at you with surprise and amusement and curiosity, which was kind of fun, (f) the method of travel between the sights becomes an end in itself because it is simply fun and effortless. In essence, the feeling of this device, after you get really comfortable--is that it is exactly like skiing through a city--it feels the same--you can solemn between people! Except that you are not limited by gravity. It is worth mentioning that the age range in our group spanned teenagers to people in their 60s--all of whom loved the experience. In fact for somebody with a bad foot or leg, it's pretty ideal--very liberating.

My only negative comments about this experience are as follows. First, although our tour guide was extremely nice, good natured, and fun--a very good host--the information he provided about the sights was a bit minimalist--enough to keep you interested, but the information was not really the highlight of the tour. But nobody on our tour felt that this mattered much, honestly. (if they wanted to make this even better, they would improve this element though). Second you should be mindful that the company does not carry insurance on its vehicles--and that if something happens to the vehicle, they will ask you to pay for it (this is in the contract you sign). I know this because I (like an idiot) tried to navigate between two narrow posts and ended up scratching the side of the segway. They charged me 25 euros for this, which seemed a bit excessive for a scratch. However, in their defense--these are expensive devices, and insurers won't insure them, and they definitely did not charge me as any kind of scam--in fact, they were profusely apologetic about having to do it. Despite this negative aspect, my overall rating of this company is superb--fun people, professional, good hosts, and responsible. I highly recommend it. It was easily one of the two best things we did during our 4 days in Budapest--exceptionally good.

1  Thank Michael A

Dear Michael!
First of all, thank you for your very detailed, professional feedback on our Segway tours. We can only agree with the facts you mentioned, it is a fun, easy to learn and quick way of visiting a city, especially Budapest. We try our best to make everyone's visit unforgettable, so as our guides, and we will make sure your next visit will be even more joyful, hopefully without any scratches or incidents, which luckily happen once in a blue moon.