“Segway is the best way!”

Yellow Zebra Bike and Segway Tours and Rentals
$33.48*
and up
Budapest Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Yellow Zebra Bikes & Segways offers daily biking and Segway tours. We also have over 200 bikes available for tours and rent from high end city trekking bikes to easy touring beach cruisers all new for 2015! We specialize on family bike rental with plenty of kids bikes, tag-a-long, trailers and baby seats to choose from. Also we offer private groups for bikes tours and Segway incentive trips for families, private groups and corporate businesses.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

For my birthday, my partner treated me to a three hour Segway tour of Budapest. I have to say that it was one of the best presents I have ever received as it was unbelievably fun. Segways are very beginner and user friendly so after the 15 minute intro, we all felt comfortable navigating through the streets of Budapest. Our guide, Szabi, was extremely friendly and spoke very good English. I highly recommend Yellow Zebra!

ManagerBP, Manager at Yellow Zebra Bike and Segway Tours and Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Thank you for the comment! We do hope you will have a lot more birthday presents like this, you can try the Segways in Prague on your next one.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Three of us booked a segway tour with Yellow Zebra for the 2 1/2 hour morning tour today. We had a great instructor, Anna, and got the hang of manovering in no time. As there were just the three of us we had a very personal tour with Anna who was knowledgable about the history, very informative and very personable. She made it a fun event that I would recommend highly - and ask for Anna.

We are glad you had a chance to have a tour for just the three of you, this makes the experience with the Segway even more special. Thank you for choosing Yellow Zebra and for recommending Anna as a tour guide!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

To fellow travellers considering the yellow zebra segway tour in Budapest---DO IT!! When I first saw this idea, it seemed kind of quirky, but potentially really fun, although I was a bit concerned about the fact that I had never used a Segway. Having now done this, I can honestly say that I can't think of a better way to see a city like Budapest. First, they gave us about a 15 minute lesson on how to use the device--very professional and carefully done. But honestly, it was hardly necessary. The device is astonishingly easy to operate--so effortless in fact, that it seemed only to take the mere thought to move forward or turn left, and the device would do it. It became so natural and easy within 10 minutes that I felt like I had be doing it for years. After doing it for three hours, I truly mourned having to get off and travel like other humans :) It's a perfect way of seeing the sights because (a) Budapest is mostly flat (we were on the Pest side), (b) this vehicle rides equally comfortably on sidewalks, over curbs, in streets--it's a little all terrain vehicle and is robust, (c) unlike a bike, it requires virtually no effort on your part, (c) you can travel up to 15 miles an hour and speed across town spanning distances to see far away sights that would cost a lot of taxi fare, or bicycle effort or tube navigation to see, (d) you can sightsee while riding, after about 10 minutes getting used to it, (e) people look at you with surprise and amusement and curiosity, which was kind of fun, (f) the method of travel between the sights becomes an end in itself because it is simply fun and effortless. In essence, the feeling of this device, after you get really comfortable--is that it is exactly like skiing through a city--it feels the same--you can solemn between people! Except that you are not limited by gravity. It is worth mentioning that the age range in our group spanned teenagers to people in their 60s--all of whom loved the experience. In fact for somebody with a bad foot or leg, it's pretty ideal--very liberating.

My only negative comments about this experience are as follows. First, although our tour guide was extremely nice, good natured, and fun--a very good host--the information he provided about the sights was a bit minimalist--enough to keep you interested, but the information was not really the highlight of the tour. But nobody on our tour felt that this mattered much, honestly. (if they wanted to make this even better, they would improve this element though). Second you should be mindful that the company does not carry insurance on its vehicles--and that if something happens to the vehicle, they will ask you to pay for it (this is in the contract you sign). I know this because I (like an idiot) tried to navigate between two narrow posts and ended up scratching the side of the segway. They charged me 25 euros for this, which seemed a bit excessive for a scratch. However, in their defense--these are expensive devices, and insurers won't insure them, and they definitely did not charge me as any kind of scam--in fact, they were profusely apologetic about having to do it. Despite this negative aspect, my overall rating of this company is superb--fun people, professional, good hosts, and responsible. I highly recommend it. It was easily one of the two best things we did during our 4 days in Budapest--exceptionally good.

1  Thank Michael A

Dear Michael!
First of all, thank you for your very detailed, professional feedback on our Segway tours. We can only agree with the facts you mentioned, it is a fun, easy to learn and quick way of visiting a city, especially Budapest. We try our best to make everyone's visit unforgettable, so as our guides, and we will make sure your next visit will be even more joyful, hopefully without any scratches or incidents, which luckily happen once in a blue moon.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We decided to have a go at a Segway tour around Budapest and were delighted with the service, the length of time and the sights we got to see. Our tour guide Szabi was really friendly and knowledgeable, always open to any questions we had which made us feel comfortable throughout. It is an especially good tour if you've just arrived in Budapest or don't have much time in the city as it provides a great overview of main sites. When we finished the tour, he was great at recommending some places to go or things to do whether that be food and drink or a particular place to visit. Would definitely recommend this tour.

ManagerBP, Manager at Yellow Zebra Bike and Segway Tours and Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Thank you for joining our Segway tour and for writing a feedback! Our guides always try their best to suggest you great places in order to get out the most of this beautiful city.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I just finished a little over four hour bike tour of Budapest, Hungary. Barbi was an excellent guide. Very knowledgeable and gave us a lot of good information about the history of the city and the country and specifics about good restaurants and pubs and other sites in the city that we did not have time for in the tour. She obviously loves her country and her city a lot! I will be back there in the morning to rent a bike for some more exploring of this great city! Kurt N

Thank you Kurt for getting back to us this quickly! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our tour and we hope you had a wonderful time cycling around the next day as well.