“You HAVE to stay at Retox”
Review of Retox Party Hostel

Retox Party Hostel
Wollongong, Australia
“You HAVE to stay at Retox”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was recommended to stay at Retox by my friend, to whom I owe a massive thankyou. From the moment I turned up at 10pm, I knew I was in for a good time. The staff end up as your best friends, and the guests are all on the same page, everyone there is just ready to party. The organised 'activites' every night get everyone involved, and are all definitely worth the money. I absolutely loved Retox, if I didn't have a flight home booked I would have stayed indefinitely! The location waswithin walking distance to everything, and the staff know their stuff about Budapest, and will do anything to make sure you are having a good time. DO NOT stay anywhere else, you can't go rong with Retox!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank staceyyy_d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Hands down the most fun I have ever had! The staff is truly amazing and make your stay feel like one big family vacation. Every night there is an event going on and there is no way you can't have fun at this hostel! It is in a great location! Don't be fooled by the look of the hostel. The staff is ontop of cleanliness and clean the rooms and bathrooms everyday. If you love to meet new people and love to have a good time and party then stay at retox! I am already planning my return! I absolutely loved the place and can't wait to go back! Huge shout out to the amazing staff, keep up the awesome work!

Brooke

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Brookegabs
Henley Beach, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2012

From the moment I walked in the door I felt at home. The staff are very friendly and make an effort to really get to know you. This place has everything. Planned events each night make everyone feel included. Bath parties, pub crawls, river cruises, and much, much more. The best hostel I have stayed at by a country mile. Thanks guys for being so awesome.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank William Y
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I wouldn't consider them staff, closer to being family, within a few hours of first arriving i was making friends and fitting in. Retox makes you feel like you are part of a family who have fun the whole time, it is best described as epic! With every night being bigger and better due to events such as Cruising down the Danube on a boat with hundreds of other amazing guests, Partying in a 200+ year old Bath, to a night of all you can drink or dressing up!
I booked in for 1 night, stayed for 3.5 weeks. It is self explanatory!
RETOX

Room Tip: I have now slept in every room and i have liked all of them!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Harry B
Reviewed November 26, 2012

returned to retox for my second visit for my 21st, this place never fails to disappoint! nights out organised every night, went on a booze cruise and a bar crawl this weekend, was gutted to hear the pool party wasn't starting for another week! brilliant location and fab staff! cheers guys!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cam_ruggers
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed November 25, 2012

By far the best hostel i've ever been too! An amazing place from the moment you walk in the doors you feel like you have found your long lost alcoholic family! Never a dull moment too be had, although not many moments can be remember, the staff go out of there way to entertain you and give you the rundown of the city. My perception of heaven has forever been changed thanks to my visit to Budapest and Retox!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic and cheap but I'd recommend Love Dungeon, its a personal favourite!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ignatius J
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

It’s true. Everything you’ve heard about Retox: the rumors, the legends, the myths. All true.

Obviously there’s gonna be alcohol. Lots of it. You’ll drink it from bottles, straws and shot glasses from the world’s largest Jager Train. You’ll get drunk in a Castle overlooking Budapest, on a Party Boat on the Danube and at a rave in the Széchenyi Thermal Baths. Every night of the week you’ll drink like you’ve completed 12 years of school, every morning you’ll wake up feeling like death and every afternoon you won’t be able to resist signing up for whatever insane party is being organized and doing it all over again.

Like most people, I stayed longer than planned. I only booked for 1 night, but ended up staying for 6, and then came back later for 3 more nights. Even though I knew none of the guests the second time, I still had the time of my life, because the atmosphere was exactly the same.

Retox. It’s more than just a Party Hostel. It’s like a family. And there’s nowhere else on the planet quite like it.

Trust me. I have the tattoo.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo