“Budapest City Tour with Emily”

Emily Guide - Day Tours
Ranked #24 of 352 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Tailor-made tours based on YOUR interest - in English, German, Italian, Spanish, French and Hungarian. Let me know what I can do for you to make the best of your holiday in Budapest, Hungary. A comfortable, air-conditioned minivan also stays at your disposal for convenient touring. Having worked in schools I have experience with little kids, and being a university/college lecturer I can give you educational and fun tours. I am also happy to accommodate elderly guests with walking difficulties, as well as fit and sporty ones to discover the city on foot.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Emily provided a private tour for my son (17) and me. It included transportation to and from the Hungaroring race track for Forumula 1 practice and qualifying. Emily was a sport to do this and had a great attitude about providing the experience on a hot and crowded day. We let Emily choose the Budapest sites to see and we enjoyed our day tremendously. My son is a history and architecture buff and Emily took extra care to show and discuss various sites. In addition to the tour we had a wonderful coffee desert at the New Your Cafe and outdoor dinner by the Danube. We enjoyed our day tremendously. Emily is a wonderful host.

1  Thank Doug H
"touring budapest"
"beautiful city"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Emily provided my wife and I with two tours. The first was a half day driving/walking tour of Budapest and the second was a full day one to the countryside. Our half day tour included a tour of the Parliament and the full day tour ended with a ferry ride down the Danube. Both tours were very enjoyable. Emily is a very engaging guide who is extremely knowledgeable about Budapest and about Hungarian history. On the half day tour we saw all of the major sites in Budapest and stopped at numerous ones to get out of the car (which was of a type like a Toyota Corolla) and have walk around to see them close up. This was a very efficient way of seeing everything. Throughout the tour Emily explained everything that we were seeing along with the historical background. If you are looking for a great overview of Budapest, I would highly recommend this tour. The full day tour of the countryside was outstanding. We saw a number of places that you would just not see if you were travelling alone or on an organised tour. For example, we went to a small university with amazing architecture. We also went to more conventional sites such as the largest basilica in Hungary and the artists’ town. All the while we had interesting conversation and commentary with Emily. In the artists’ town she was able to arrange a demonstration of how some of the handcrafts are produced. At the end of the tour she got us on to the ferry to return to Budapest. Throughout both tours Emily was informative and interesting. I would highly recommend her if you are coming to Budapest.
We also arranged our transfer from the train station and then to the airport through Emily. These both worked very well.
The rates for the tour and transfers was much less than those I saw advertised by larger firms.

1  Thank CorvettePete
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Emily provided my wife, my daughter, and me a wonderful introduction to Budapest during a lone day tour. She is full of knowledge very interesting and adaptable to our requests (Jewish and non-Jewish sites), she is nice to be with and showed us Budapest the way we could never do by ourselves.
Emily also arranged for our transportation from the airport to the hotel, and gave us voucher to avoid the line in the spa. She gave us advice on how to plan out the rest of our stay
Emily was a pleasure to work with in organizing the trip before we arrived
Highly recommended!!!

2  Thank Avi F
Reviewed June 22, 2013

picked Emily from Tripadvisor. Shes a Budapest Professional. We hired her for a group of 15 pax. for a city sightseeing and parliament visit for a five hour tour. There she was at the fixed time with the vehicle. She took us around, had a nice ice cream stop where they make lovely ice creams like roses (do ask her this). She has all the knowledge of the city and has answers to all our questions. She is also very clear in her english (in Hungary its quite difficult for people to understand english). Just go with her!!!