“Thanks Emily!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Emily Guide - Day Tours

Emily Guide - Day Tours
Ranked #27 of 281 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Tailor-made tours based on YOUR interest - in English, German, Italian, Spanish, French and Hungarian. Let me know what I can do for you to make the best of your holiday in Budapest, Hungary. A comfortable, air-conditioned minivan also stays at your disposal for convenient touring. Having worked in schools I have experience with little kids, and being a university/college lecturer I can give you educational and fun tours. I am also happy to accommodate elderly guests with walking difficulties, as well as fit and sporty ones to discover the city on foot.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thanks Emily!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Had a great day with Emily. I only had one day in Budapest and she took me around and showed me as much as we possibly could (including snagging tickets to Parliament even though it was technically closed for a public holiday!) She even helped me plan out the rest of my day after I left her. She is smart, knowledgable, and would definitely use her again or recommend her.

Visited May 2013

Singapore
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Emily is the Best Guide for Budapest and Hungary - Go with Her!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Emily was our private guide during our 1.5 day trip to Budapest. She picked us up on time from the train station (though we had to inform her last minute we were delayed by 2 hrs, as we missed the train from Vienna).

She is a very sincere, friendly and nice person. Thoughout our time with her, she took special effort to watch out for my mum (in her 70s), and was always flexible in making impromtu changes along the way.

Emily made reservations for our dinner boat cruise, and helped called the boat company to let us board direct at the pier when we were running late.
She checked out whether places and restaurants we wished to visit were open (as it was the Easter weekend), and gave us good advice on how best to plan our iternary.

Emily places a big emphasis on ensuring her guests are well taken care of, not hesitating to go the extra mile many a times.

For example, she instructed the Borsso Restaurant waiter to help us book a cab, after we had dinner there one evening.

And she accompanied us to the train ticket office to buy our return tickets -who was a great help as the ticket officer wasnt proficient in English. In fact, she ensured we got onto the right train at the right platform, before she left.

As a guide, Emily is very knowledgeable about the history and meaning of the sights we went to. One of the main reasons we chose Emily is because she is the official guide to the Parliament House.

The Parliament House is magnificant externally and especially internally - more beautiful than many of the palaces we visited during our 17 days Europe trip and strongly recommended for any visitor to Budapest.

In 1.5 days, we covered the Parliament House, Heroes Square, St Stephen's Cathedral, Great Synagogue, Fisherman Bastion n Castle Hill, Gellert and the other famous thermal baths, Szentendre, and other interesting sights.

We are very glad to have Emily as our private guide for Budapest- she is like an old friend showing us around the city, not a commercial guide.

We would strongly recomnend Emily as the private guide to go with, for any visitor to Hungary. She is really the Best - Go with her!

Port Colborne, Canada
“Best tour guide ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

My partner and I were most fortunate to discover the glowing reviews of Emily's tour guide service on TripAdvisor prior to taking my 85-year-old mother to Hungary. We had hoped to visit three small villages several hours from Budapest and Emily was very accommodating. Without her, we would never have been able to walk the streets of our ancestors. Emily is a wealth of knowledge - she is a wonderful tour guide, historian, and photographer all wrapped up in one genuinely kind person. Our trip to the Great Plains region was so enjoyable that we met with Emily on the next two days for a night tour of Budapest and a guided tour of the Parliament Building plus several other key spots, respectively. We had an amazing time in Hungary thanks to Emily.

My family said they have not ever seen my mom so excited as she is when she talks about her trip, but mostly about the tours Emily took us on. It was a trip of a lifetime! The trip has prompted me to start doing more family research again, and Emily even helped to coordinate local genealogical research for me prior to and after our trip.

We cannot recommend her highly enough. Thanks for everything, Emily.

Visited October 2012
northern ireland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“fantastic tour guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

we booked a tour with emily on the strength of the reviews on tripadviser and was not disappointed,Emily is a very professional tour guide and speaks 7 languages but she will say she speaks only 6 and a 1/2 .Our 4 hour tour was well thought out and well organised , a really lovely girl and we would highly recommend her

Visited September 2012
3 Thank lfcNorthernIreland
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We had such a good morning with Emily that I went with her for a night tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had only one full day to spend in Budapest. We were lucky to find Emily and she spent the morning driving us around the city and giving us a sense of all the beautiful things there are to see and do in the city. We saw so much more in those four hours than we could have done ourselves or on a tour bus.
She noticed that I like photography and offered to come back and take me on a night tour. I readily accepted! She took me to all the great spots to get good night photos. She had helpful tips and showed me the best view points. I was very happy with the photos I took.

I came away with such a good impression of the city and wished we had scheduled a longer stay. I highly recommend her.

Visited September 2012