“Emily - Above and Beyond our Wildest Expectations”

Emily Guide - Day Tours
Ranked #24 of 298 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: Tailor-made tours based on YOUR interest - in English, German, Italian, Spanish, French and Hungarian. Let me know what I can do for you to make the best of your holiday in Budapest, Hungary. A comfortable, air-conditioned minivan also stays at your disposal for convenient touring. Having worked in schools I have experience with little kids, and being a university/college lecturer I can give you educational and fun tours. I am also happy to accommodate elderly guests with walking difficulties, as well as fit and sporty ones to discover the city on foot.
Tulsa, OK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Emily - Above and Beyond our Wildest Expectations”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

For years my family had wanted to research our Grandfather who had come from Hungary in 1908 through Ellis Island. We knew he lived in a small town in Hungary called Somberek but knew little if anything about his family. We saw the reviews about Emily and contacted her and set up a trip to Somerek, which is almost to the Croatian border. When we met Emily she immediately informed us she had contacted the Catholic Church in Somberek and had found the names of my Grandfather's 2 brothers and 2 sisters. We were blown away. That was more information in our first 5 minutes than we had learned in 5 years. We piled into Emily's car and headed off to Somberek. There are a lot of details, but the highlights were that Emily found another family in Somberek (population about 200) named Bacher who ended up putting us in touch with another lady who is kind of the town historian. We all (Emily, my wife and I, the recently acquainted Bacher family and the town historian) went to the graveyard and found several interesting grave markers including one that we think belonged to my Great Grandfather. Unfortunately the stones used for the head stones were badly eroded over time. The highlight of the visit, other than meeting what probably are some distant cousins, was to visit a memorial in Somberek to World War I casualties in the center of town. We found our Grandfather's brother listed on the memorial.

The next day Emily took us on a private tour of Budapest. Many of the other reviews covered this part of her services so I will not be redundant except to say it was wonderful. If there were a way to give a 7 star rating she would have one. Thanks Emily and sorry about your car.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank cab1948Tulsa_OK

Ashford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly Recommend - Emily”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Emily was the perfect tour guide and I will not waste more time in looking for someone to show you around Budapest. She was very friendly, knowledgable, flexible and understands the need of everyone in the group. She got us into the parliament without the need of standing in long queue(she is the licensed tour guide for parliament). We did the Budapest sightseeing using public transport which was brilliant to get the feel of the city. She also gave us the complimentary voucher for the spa baths which was great. Budapest by night and Lake Balaton tour was fantastic.
If you are visiting Budapest on short visit then we would strongly recommend to use her service and I am sure you will not be disappointed.
She communicated with us by email very clearly about the tour itenary prior to our departure. She will quote the best price for each tour listed on her website.

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Outstanding Overview Of Budapest”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Emily shared her great knowledge of Budapest with my wife and I over a full day tour. I've never used a private guide before and was a bit skeptical about value for money, but in comparison to group tours, it was completely worth the expense. Emily also got us tickets for the Parliament tour which was absolutely incredible and took us around to various sites in her car so we could get an idea of both the city's history and attractions, and some ideas for our own adventures later. Over a snack at the amazing New York Café, where she got one of the staff to show us around the hotel a bit more, she produced a map and highlighted some other interesting places, and vouchers which save time at the baths and boat tours, both of which we have done.

So, if you're staying a short time in Budapest as we are, and want to see a lot in a day to help use your time wisely, I can't recommend a private guide like Emily strongly enough.

Visited August 2012
Cannes, France
“Thanks to wonderful Emily”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Emily was very professionnal and knowledgable and put herself out by bending over backwards to try to satisfy us in everyway; she knew more about the local restaurants and their quality than our concierge and we were very grateful to her warm welcome. We would highly recommand using Emily's services to anybody reading tripadvisor. We found ourselves Emily from trip advisor and can only thank her previous clients for having introduced us to her. Emily has a rich historical background and was an ideal tourist guide; she spoke perfect english and we had a very enjoyable stay thanks to her.
Faysa and Robert

Visited May 2012
Singapore, Singapore
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A great guide in Budapest.”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Emily did a good job in introducing her city to us. It was our first visit to Budapest. Though we had only a whole day to see Budapest, Emily managed to cover most of sights of Budapest, including a tour inside the Parliament House, taking into account that my brother in law was using his motorised wheelchair. At the end of the day tour, we asked her whether she could take us for a night tour of Budapest. She promptly made a few calls and confirmed the timing and place of pickup(after our dinner) within half an hour. The view of Budapest at night was breathtaking! Thanks Emily for arranging that night tour and making our Budapest and Szentendre visit a memorable one And am glad we chose you to be our guide.

Visited May 2012