“Very bad service”

Cuisines: Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The vines are anywhere from average to excellent. So be careful in your choice, being at a "famous" vine bar isn't a guarantee for quality. The service is a real downside: when closing hour approached, one of the waitresses asked everybody to "stand up" in a definitely rude way, laking most basic aducation (literally those where the words), and just pulled the chairs away underneath people. You find better places next to Budapest's Basilika if you want to enjoy a glass of vine and a romantic late night talk with your beloved.

1  Thank Slappi001
There are newer reviews for DiVino Bazilika

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Interested in Eastern European wines in this region? Then a stop here would be mandatory!
This place is not at all intimidating or pretentious. Not familiar with the grape varieties, I asked the ladies for some samples and was given 4 reds to sample. Not bad!
I wound up on Egri Bikiever with four varieties, cab Sauvignon, cab franc, kekfrancos and merlot. I can see why it is this country's most famous red wine! It reminded me of a Bordeaux without the lengthy finish. If you like this style, don't miss out.
Tip: because you can sit outside and enjoy the magnificent basilica whilst you partake of this nectar of the gods, there is a deposit on your glass. It is 500HUF and will be given back when you return the glass- empty of course. If this amount bothers you, then you likely should not be drinking here.

1  Thank James R
Reviewed May 29, 2014

DiVino is a great place to enjoy a glass (or bottle) on the patio on a warm night. Great selection and a fun place to be.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Showing up with friends out of the blue, we got a table just before the place got over run with well dressed, good looking hip couples and groups who were obviously perturbed that they did not have a table, it seemed like a a local bar since there were hardly any tourists, we consider ourselves local anyway!
BE AWARE!
There are 100's of wine to choose from but the always push for the most expensive wines, I heard this before and thought it was a bit overblown but I had to tell the woman straight out "I do not want the Syrah, I want the Shiraz!" The Syrah was 3200HUF a glass and the Shiraz was 1000HUF a glass, in the end it was about principle, she gave me a taste of the Syrah, pushing it on me, asked for the Shiraz, she said it was out, then another Shiraz, she said that was also out, then another Shiraz and finally, with a disgusted look on her face, gave in and gave us the Shiraz.
I find it strange that they charge 500HUF for each glass as a deposit for the wine glass but that is acceptable...I saw this by the way becasue they did not tell us so beware to bring your glasses back to the bar (the whole thing is self service)
We had a good time besides having to force our hand to get the wine we wanted, worth visiting and by the way; the wine was excellent as well was the food we ordered!

1  Thank stevenekuhn
Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you're a gourmand and learned to appreciate good wine then visit this place when in Budapest! Knowledgable waiters, happy to help you speaking foreign languages. You have a view at the Basilika if you look outside and the interiors are also cool.