“Great view of the chain bridge and Pest”

Andante Wine Pharmacy
Ranked #261 of 3,304 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant at 21:30. We sat outside and enjoyed the great view and watching all the people strolling and riding on the embankment of the Danube. The food was good and the wine excellent. Not being familiar with Hungarian wine we asked for recommendations for the waitress. She was very knowledgable and attentive. We had wine by the glass so we could taste different types. Will do this again.

3  Thank Geoffrey D

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We came here wanting to taste different Hungarian wines and have a nice dinner. We had both! The waitress was so accommodating and helped educate us on the various wines we tried. The food, though limited, was superb! I had the salmon and my husband had the paprika chicken. We highly recommend both. Do not hesitate to eat here!

1  Thank ourtravelmenu
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled onto this as we were walking along the Danube. We were going to eat outside but the inside was so charming we decided to move inside to a window seat with view of the Danube! Food and service were both excellent! Very reasonable prices. We highly recommend this restaurant! Bona petite!

1  Thank Sandra R
Reviewed May 2, 2014

On our way back to Art'otel, we stopped here for dinner and were very warmly welcomed by the waiter. The food is delicious, beautifully presented and of a very high standard and quality. The goose liver was so good, also the goulasch. In fact, the complete menu is very appetising.
The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere with stunning views across the Danube. Charming waiters and excellent service. So good that we returned two evenings later.

3  Thank John M
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was in the city for the night on business, staying a hotel within walking distance. After strolling the area and contemplating restaurant choices, Andante offered what I was looking for. A great view of the Danube, a menu with plenty of options, and a good choice of wine by the glass.

After a nice Cheese plate starter and Hungarian „Palóc” goulash I was presented with the Forest mushroom vension stew with ,,sztrapacska” for my main course. I was too full to order a dessert but can truly say this was one of my best meals ever and would put it on my personal top 10 list.

I only visited once, however would not hesitate to return if I am in the area again.

1  Thank Dave D