“Wonderful two days with Gabriella”

Gabriella's Private Tours Budapest
Ranked #44 of 290 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: I will show you MY city, what I love about it, what I think is unique and special! My tours illuminate the history of Budapest and her people - I hope very much - in an unconventional and amusing way!
Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Wonderful two days with Gabriella”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Gabriella made our short stay in Budapest absolutely terrific. She put together an excellent itinerary which gave us so much insight into this beautiful city. We saw all the major points plus some special sights you do not find in a tour book. We also enjoyed her sharing her experience growing up in communist Hungary and the transition away from the Soviet rule. I highly recommend Gabriella for a private tour.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Happy-in-Seattle

Woodbridge, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Could not ask for a better Guide than Gabriella!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We hired Gabriella for a modified day tour, and are overjoyed that we did. You could not ask for a more personable, knowledgeable, or caring guide. We contacted Gabriella via email and she answered promptly, and was willing to work with us to tailor our experience—we wanted her overview tour with some of the Communist era tour worked in, so we settled on a single day, 6 hour tour which worked great. She arrived on time at our hotel, and after introductions, went to her car. Will say, for Budapest, having a guide with a car is a must, and made things incredible simple. The car itself was roomy, enough so to accommodate both of us, as we are both very tall.

The tour covered a lot of ground, but not so much that we felt rushed. Gabriella even added in some specific requests, such as the Cave Church that I had seen mentioned on an earlier Tripadvisor review. We also had her include Memento Park which is on the outskirts of the city, saving the time and headache of trying to figure out all the required bus connections to get there.

Gabriella’s English was excellent, and her knowledge was extensive—there wasn’t a question we asked that she couldn’t answer. She was also very open about her experiences living under the Communist regime, which added very special insight into what we were seeing. Most importantly, she went out of her way to make sure my wife and I were comfortable during the tour. We were in Budapest during a record heat wave, with temps averaging 99-102F. She offered up extra umbrellas to my wife to keep the sun off of her, and provided extra bottles of water during the day. We really appreciated her over and above efforts, and recommend her services highly!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Aviator621
Wenonah, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“First experience hiring a guide a HUGE success!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I hired Gabriella for an all day ancestry experience in July 2013. She was a really helpful guide/interpreter/historian, who shared the wonders of Hungary as well as assisting me in doing some prior research to help me find any relatives still living in the area. She was right on time picking me up at the hotel lobby in Budapest and we spent the day together driving to my ancestral village, finding a relative and visiting the ruins of a nearby fortress She took the time to help me see the beautiful countryside of my father's childhood, and treated me to some wonderfully delicious cakes, meats and bread along the way. I will treasure that day forever in my heart and memories.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quick tour of Budapest: Awesome!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were on a Viking River Cruise and only had the afternoon in Budapest before we left the next morning. Gabriella picked us up at the boat and took us on a most informative tour of her lovely city of Budapest. The Cruise line was taking us on a bus tour the following morning, but Gabriella knew the places they were going to take us and she took us to other places. She really knows her stuff and is so kind. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone who wants to see Budapest with a most knowledgeable guide who is passionate about Budapest.

New Jersey
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Gabriella knows the Jewish Budapest”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

After making arrangements from at home, Gabriella met us at our hotel to start a tour in her immaculate SUV. Our first stop by the river was a sculpture of shoes running at least 300 yards symbolizing the execution of victims who were ordered to remove their shoes before being shot there and falling into the river. It was an eye opening start to a great tour. We were impressed that despite the road being closed for construction, she was still able to bring us to this area.

We were then taken to three different synagogues. The first was from medieval times. It had grave head stones from this era. The second was a beautiful construction with of all things Islamic designs. The third was the second largest synagogue in the world that was recently restored through the fundraising efforts of Tony Curtis, the actor. That had a Holocaust remembrance area outside that was quite lovely.

In between we visited Jewish areas including a stop at a well known bakery for some sweets, a drink, and a rest. This area is becoming a favorite hangout for drinking and grazing at night for the young. We also made a brief stop at the House of Terrors which tied into the Holocaust when people were arrested and tortured.

All in all our experience with Gabriella was very positive. With her guidance we discovered another side of Budapest after spending an entire day there of sightseeing without her She was very professional and happy to accommodate all of our requests.

1 Thank NewJerseyWanderlust