“Fantastic Private Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gabriella's Private Tours Budapest

Gabriella's Private Tours Budapest
Ranked #40 of 281 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: I will show you MY city, what I love about it, what I think is unique and special! My tours illuminate the history of Budapest and her people - I hope very much - in an unconventional and amusing way!
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic Private Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked a private tour with Gabriella on our visit to Budapest. We found her very knowledgeable and friendly. We were there during the Danube flooding (June) so the traffic was at its worst but we still managed to see all the sights. Gabriella takes your life experiences, beliefs and personal lists of what you want to see and customizes a fantastic tour. She makes you feel like you are friends and not strangers travelling in her city. Gabriella is a gem and we would highly recommend her. Her website is www.privatetoursbudapest.com She will give you a personal tour and make your trip to Budapest a memorable one.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Budapest my favorite European City.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

When making arrangements to visit Budapest in my European travels, guide books had suggested hiring a local guide. Gabriella was very knowedgeable of the history of Hungary and Budapest. I did not feel like a tourist but as though I was visiting a friend and she was showing me her city. We did a 4 hr car tour of Budapest on our first full day and a 8 hr tour the next day up to the Danube Bend area. This was my first visit to Hungary and Gabriella has made it one of the most memorable ones in all my travels. I leave Hungary with a new appreciation of the people, country, and history of the area. I strongly recommend that anyone planning a trip to Budapest should schedule a tour with Gabriella.

Austin, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Invaluable insider's view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Gabriella was a marvelous host - welcoming, enthusiastic, informative. She helped my niece and I to fall in love with her city. I can't imagine enjoying and learning Budapest nearly as much without her guidance! We arranged three tours with her -- an evening driving tour, a morning walk-and-tram tour of Budapest highlights, and a tasting tour. All three were well worth it. Really helped us orient to the city so that our time our own could be well-spent. Her son Robert guided our night driving tour, which was a treat for my niece who was close to his age. He was friendly, relaxed, full of not only historical information but also gave us a glimpse into the contemporary youth culture & politics of his home. Absolutely stunning views - Gabi & Robert were right, there are some sights best seen at night for full effect. So glad we took morning tours with Gabi the next two days, as she gave us good maps and many suggestions about where to go and how to get around on our own in the afternoons & evenings. We learned so much about the past, present, and future of the city and country. Gabi took us to the major sights but also showed us local "hidden treasures" such as the stand-up cake cafe that she used to go to as a girl and a Retro Bar in the university district. It was fascinating to hear her perspective of life before and after the fall of the communist government. Our tasting tour was my favorite. We gave Gabi a steep challenge because both of us are vegetarian, but she did a fantastic job introducing us to so many delicious non-meat products and flavors of Hungary, starting at the Great Market Hall and moving to several shops & cafes around Pest while doing a little sightseeing at the same time. She is very willing & capable of customizing the tours to individual interests and requirements -- for instance, when she learned I have an interest in theatre, she took us down the "Hungarian Broadway" street and showed us what was happening on the theatre scene. Both Gabi and Robert spoke impeccable English and were great ambassadors for Budapest and the Hungarian people. She made our experience so much richer than it would have been on our own!

Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First time in Budapest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I arrived in Budapest on the 3d June this year after a long flight from Sydney. We were looking forward to meeting Gabriella for one and half day tour which we booked from Sydney. Gabriella's met us in our hotel and there was an instant rapport between us. As we progressed into the tour we realised that all the reviews about Gabrilella were indeed true. She lived up to our expectations and more. Gabriella was very well informed about the significant sites in Budapest and Hungarian history. We really appreciated her historical knowledge about these sites. Gabriella was flexible with our needs and adapted herself to what was of interest to us. With her expert guidance we came away from Budapest much better informed.
We will always remember our time with Gabriella very fondly.

Bend, Oregon
“Personalized and very informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Gabriella was unavailable during our stay but left us in very capable hands. My wife and I spent an afternoon with Robert and the next morning with Edit. Both were personable and gave a great tour of their city. They were extremely knowledgeable and adapted both tours to our interest. It was nice to have two guides and two perspectives on what they each love about Budapest. I would not hesitate to recommend this tour to anyone. In addition to highlighting the city's many attractions, Robert and Edit also pointed out restaurants and other items of interest for the following days and marked them on our map. Edit even gave us a crash course in navigating all the modes of public transportation.