“Review of private tour in Budapest”

Gabriella's Private Tours Budapest
Ranked #52 of 323 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: I will show you MY city, what I love about it, what I think is unique and special! My tours illuminate the history of Budapest and her people - I hope very much - in an unconventional and amusing way!
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I visited Budapest in early July 2012 and had 2 private four hour tours with Gabriella, Robert and Peter. We were staying in the castle district in Buda for 6 days and wanted to see many of the major sites in our private tours so that we would know what to go back to see and have an appreciation for what we were seeing when we were on our own. This was our first trip to Budapest but we are experienced travelers. We could not have asked for a more informative and fun set of tours. Both Gabriella and Robert know their history and architecture of the city and set-up the tours to match our interests. They helped us understand how to use all the public transportation when we were touring on our own (which saved us considerable money and aggravation) and gave us ideas of performances to see, places to eat and where to shop. I cannot recommend them more highly. You can contact them at www.privatettoursbudapest.com

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Four of us spent two days in Budapest in early July. Wanting to make the most of our time, we booked two tours through Gabriella. Our first guide, Edith, provided us with a taste of local living as we rode the subway and bus all around Pest and up to the castle district in Buda. She was very informative and had a great personality. In the blazing heat, she never hesitated to show us all of the important sites. In addition, Edith provided us with an excellent overview of ancient history and the modern history of the city. On our second day, we had Illika as our guide for a four hour tour of Parliament and the Jewish Quarter of Budapest. She was extremely knowledgable about Jewish life in the city. She shared personal stories which made the history come alive for all of us. Both guides made terrific recommendations for food and drink. I would not hesitate recommending these guides and the Private Tours Budapest (www.privatettoursbudapest.com) tour company.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Gabriella was a wonderful tour guide. Myself and my husband booked her for a 4 hour tour of Budapest, to get an overall idea of the city. She was brilliant we did the Buda and Pest sides with her. She recommended where to eat, which was great, each place we tried was delicious, we would never have thought, of trying them. It was hot while we were there 34 degrees, we were never rushed.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We recently traveled around Central Europe ending up in Budapest (June, 2012)..After reviewing the internet (Trip Advisor and others) and various publications, I arranged a tour with Gabriella Torok of Private Tours Budapest. I cannot express our gratitude in the care and attention Gabriella gave us. I use a disability scooter and thus the planning was more difficult for her, but she managed to have us see everything, went everywhere and did everything.. Gabriella presented a detailed history of Hungary over the years. She was very knowledgeable of the Jewish History and showed us all the important places in Budapest. She guided us for 2 full days and her son was our guide for the last day. We highly recommend her for touring Budapest and thank her for the attention and care she gave us. .

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Me, my husband, and our 2 kids (ages 8 and 6) took the night tour and half day city tour with Gabriella last May 9 and 10. The kids enjoyed both tours and the highlight was when Gabriella took us to a field full of dandelions. Not only the kids enjoyed blowing them but my husband also got superb photos of the field at sunset. We went to the restaurant for the folklore and we all like the food, especially the goulash soup. Next day, Gabriella had a surprise for the kids! We also had a taste langos at the city park. She also told us of a very good and reasonably priced restaurant (Pest-Buda) in Buda castle district, near our hotel. Thanks to Gabriella.