“A Relief from Meat”

Ranked #843 of 3,459 Restaurants in Budapest
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: Nice vegetarian restaurant
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Many years ago I was a vegetarian,for about 20 years. Then I discovered real meat,apologies to my veggie friends.
However, in Budapest meat is hard to avoid. On my previous visit to the city I had so many different versions of Goulash,all meat, I was desperate for something other. I never discovered this self-service restaurant.
The the food here was fresh,very tasty and without any meat! And I thought it was cheap.Nice terrace where you can watch the traffic go by.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I am a meat eater but was draw to this vegan restaurant because of its terrace in front of its warmly glowing redbrick house at a crossroads where there are several other eating and drinking places. It has an outside terrace and a roomy inside room and bar. We lined up at a self service counter for lunch and found an appetising array of dishes to choose whole or half portions from. There is a choice of good bread and drinks too. I enjoyed a very tasty pasta with broccoli and cauliflower and a great seeded bread crescent. It opens for breakfasts too and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had assumed that I wouldn't get to try goulash during my visit to Budapest since I don't eat meat - but luckily this place provided a delicious vegan version! Great food, including desserts - though it was hard to catch an employee for placing an order. Definitely come here if you are looking for Budapest vegan or vegetarian food.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

By friends' recommandition we visited Édeni Vagán with my girlfriend. Since most of the restaurants are for meat eaters in the city, and both of are vegetarian, our options are rather limited. We were happy to discover another vegan spot of Budapest.

The place is located in the castle district. It was a sunny Sunday, we could sit on their really nice terrace. The food is vegan as the name suggests. Nothing special, though. It was tasty, well-prepared, but I was not amazed. It's a self-service restaurant, I would rather call it a vegan cafeteria.

Worth visting if you are in the nearby and would like to stop for a while.

1  Thank GaborTorok
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Not feeling well while vacationing in Budapest, my husband came back to hotel with this simply delicious tofu soup.
He also told me about how helpful the women behind the counter was in helping him bring me back some hot water for tea.
Thank you to her and for the soup ever...hopefully will be able to eat there again before leaving
Thank u again.