“Authentic Hungarian food”

Ranked #808 of 3,304 Restaurants in Budapest
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: Nice vegetarian restaurant
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This cafe is more like a canteen as you take a tray up to a counter where you are served from a buffet. The food is on hotplates to keep it warm and it mostly was. The staff all spoke perfect English and were keen to explain exactly what each dish was which was great. Unfortunately when we went they were nearly closing so were in a hurry to get us out. Another downside was that everything that i tried was overseasoned, not the end of the world if you like salt though. I would recommend it for at least one meal as it was tasty and an absolute bargain. each dish was about 650 forints (about £2!!)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My partner and i strolled around Buda and ended up by chance in this great place.
Meat eaters as we are I was a bit sceptical. The staff was very warm and the Food is great! Don't forget to try the ginger juice.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Fab little restaurant tucked away on a quiet square. Meat is king in most Budapest eateries, so even though my partner and I are not even vegetarian, this place was a godsend as after two or three days we both felt like we had scurvy. Great spot on the way to or from the castle district.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Nice location in Buda, with a terrace I couldn't appreciate cause I have been there in wintertime.
The buffet had not so great choice, but the soup with carrots and ginger was very good, homemade sweet and lemonade with ginger were great
Staff was helpful and polite

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

On the way to Govinda, we spied this vege restaurant. We were greeted by the sight of a small buffet counter. At this point I shot my wife a look of 'are you sure?' by this time she had already spied an ostensibly interesting avocado salad, she responded with a 'lets give it a go, we're on holiday!' glance.

A decision that we would both come to regret.

1  Thank Dominic16