“Behind the times”

Ranked #704 of 3,651 Restaurants in Budapest
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: Nice vegetarian restaurant
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

On the way to Govinda, we spied this vege restaurant. We were greeted by the sight of a small buffet counter. At this point I shot my wife a look of 'are you sure?' by this time she had already spied an ostensibly interesting avocado salad, she responded with a 'lets give it a go, we're on holiday!' glance.

A decision that we would both come to regret.

1  Thank Dominic16

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Vegetarian restaurant in buda: very cheap, clean and quiet. good position, not far from the most important monument/place in the city. staff very kind and clear to explain the main solution of food (necessary for who like me is not "so expert in vegetarian food".

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This self service restaurant offers a rather small range of vegan dishes which are delicious. We had a cold fruit soup as a starter and some vegan paprika stew with potatoes as a main dish. The portion sizes are good and so is the price. They have vegan cakes and other deserts as well.

1  Thank Blomma706
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I loved eating in Edeni. Mostly because of not having to be afraid of cow milk lurking somewhere in my dish. The goulash was not so special - but again, goulash never is so special to my taste. Their lemon-ginger-lemonade is a phenomenon. So are the sweet desserts. It is also very cheap and the portions are HUGE. They have a nice terrace and the restaurant is situated conveniently near the Batthyany Ter metro station.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Had a gorgeous meal here on our arrival in Budapest - aubergine stew, vegetable couscous, courgette soup and fresh pepper bread, with homemade ginger lemonade. All this came to about 3000huf for two - mad bargain! Really worth a visit. Neither of us are vegan, or even vegetarian, but this was just delicious food, plain and simple.

1  Thank TheBogart