“Good Food, friendly service”

Hunyadi Etterem Restaurant
Ranked #155 of 3,550 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: Hunyadi Restaurant is located in the 1st district of Budapest, 2 minutes from the Chain Bridge and 5 minutes from the famous Castle of Buda. On the menu, you can find special Hungarian dishes and Hungarian wines as well as other meals from around the world. We are open on Tue-Wed-Thu from 5pm to 10pm. Fri-Sat-Sun from 12am to 10pm.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This place is handy if you are staying in the Castle area, it is just down the hill from the Hilton Hotel, it does open early so if like us you want to dine early this is the place, on the down side it did mean we were the only people in the restaurant.
You step down into the dinning area so there are no views outside, the young lady who waited on us was nice and friendly, she talked us through some items on the menu, recommending the wild boar, my wife started with mussels in garlic and I had the sauteed Oyster mushrooms, for main tenderloin medalions and wild boar, as someone mentioned previously you do get charged for the delicious homemade bread, at 340 ft it is not expensive but it would be nice to be informed about the charge.
All the food was very tasty and served in good time, I had a couple of beers and the cost was 13850 ft, it does look like this included a service charge , which I was not aware of at the time.
Also they do not accept credit cards

1  Thank Lankyswan

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Excellent goulash with traditional homemade bread, pleasant place inside, nice location (close to the Fisherman's Bastion in Buda), good price/quality ratio. The personnel was very nice and helpful, too.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

A good choice of local dishes at a good price. We had a variety of them and they were all different and tasty. Lovely helpful staff in a clean restaurant. It is in a good location to eat after a day spent up in the castle area on your way back to the funicular or the Chain Bridge.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We spotted this restaurant from the window of a bus, it looked like a good whole in the wall to try. And we were right!
The food was excellent. We tasted some great Hungarian wine and service was very friendly. Even the kids loved their meals and dessert.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

On Sunday late afternoon many restaurants around the area are closed, but luckily we found this one, of which I had read good reviews here in TA.
The place was still quiet, and the waiter (the owner) had time for us, telling some details of hungarian food in general and making us feel well taken care of.
My hubby had the beef goulash soup, which is his favourite when he is cookin at home too. He found this one the best he ever had, and was very pleased. I had truly great sauteed oyster mushrooms with delicious deep fried goat cheese camembert. Perfect choice!
The mains didn't let us own either. I had oh-so-tender veal cheek with chive dumplings and my husband had the wiener schnietzel - both very well prepared and tasty. The hungarian red wine (can't remeber the name) was recommended by the waiter, and a good match for my food.
To finish we had very good double espressos, with complimentary digestives.
Not having eaten in other places in Budapest yet, we found the price reasonable (compared to Finland where we come from).