I stayed in Iberostar for one night two weeks ago, for a working trip with my colleagues.
The Hotel is in a central location in the center of Budapest, just 200 m away from the Chain Bridge. It is in the same ares where you can find also Le Meridien or Four Season Hotel.
The location is wonderful, just within walking distance to the main places of the city. The welcome at the hotel is warm: the reception is just behind the main door, on the left, with all the staff offices just near it. A tripadvisor plate is well placed just above the reception!
In a few minutes I did my check in, but room was not ready yet (12.00) even if I asked for a early check-in. I had to wait in the bar for a couple of hours, where I enjoyed some nice pastry and a good coffee at a reasonable price.
The room was nice, spacious, as you can see from my photos.. a very big and comfortable bed, with a very big bathroom divided into three parts: the shower, the main bath and the toilet. High quality accessories available. Tv is a big plasma integrated into the wall (like a pictures), but it was lacking the Pay-Tv: no possibility to see international football matches during a Champions League evening. Quick wi-fi connection all over the Hotel.
Breakfast was top-level: a small buffet, but you can order a-la-carte warm dishes.. I had one of the best bacon of my travelling life.
The hotel represent well what a 5 star structure is: clean, space, location.. but I found the service a little below expectations. Here are some samples:
- the evening room services was just about the bed. They did not changed my towels even if left on the bath floor.
- I found expired butter at breakfast. I kindly showed it and it was promptly replaced.
- I had to call twice the waitress during my meal. Nobody was taking care about me and my requests.
I know, these problems are very small, compared to the thousands of "pro" I found staying at the hotel. But since this is a 5 star hotel, and I paid a 5 star rate, I'm expecting a 5 star service all the time. Or maybe my expectation are getting higher and higher.
Anyway, I strongly suggest to stay at this hotel.. if you are looking for a quality place, nice location, warm atmosphere, lovely breakfast, this is definitely the place for you. These points well go above the small problem I had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest leaves a mark on all of its guests. No matter whether you’re visiting for work, looking to explore the capital or enjoying a romantic getaway, this 5-star hotel in the centre of Budapest always leaves guests speechless. And there are many reasons why. From the gourmet cuisine of its restaurants to the details in its decor from designer Philippe Starck. Would you like to find out more? Tailor-made relaxation. Butterfly shaped or with neck support? Organic or microfiber? You can choose which pillow you’d like to sleep on, as well as the fragrance that you wish to wake up to in the morning. And all this in the enticing atmosphere of a luxury suite or room with city views. Sure to please even the most discerning tastes. If you are only used to the best, prepare yourself for tasting the menus at this luxury hotel. Here in our restaurant, alongside haute cuisine you will find the essence of Mediterranean cooking and the most traditional Hungarian dishes. In the heart of Budapest. Staying in one of the best hotels in the centre of Budapest means having everything to hand. From the city’s shopping area to its most famous monuments. Liberty Square is directly below the hotel, and you can walk to both the parliament and the Danube river! A haven of peace in the city. In the city centre yet in complete tranquillity. Enjoy the silence of our sound-proofed rooms or the calming ambiance of the Lobby Bar, where you can relax and savour a whisky, gin and tonic or any other drink you like. A luxury stay. Don’t worry about a thing! Need to get to the airport? Easy, we have a luxury transfer. Want to use a fitness centre? There’s one in the hotel. For any other exclusive service, all you have to do is make use of our doorman service. Relax, relax, relax... Close your eyes. Free yourself from stress with an essential oils massage, relieve your mind in the sauna or enjoy the soothing bubbles of the whirlpool bath. Here, all you have to think about is discovering the blissful effects of this 5-star hotel’s own Spa Sensations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.