I stayed in Iberostar for one night two weeks ago, for a working trip with my colleagues.
The Hotel is in a central location in the center of Budapest, just 200 m away from the Chain Bridge. It is in the same ares where you can find also Le Meridien or Four Season Hotel.
The location is wonderful, just within walking distance to the main places of the city. The welcome at the hotel is warm: the reception is just behind the main door, on the left, with all the staff offices just near it. A tripadvisor plate is well placed just above the reception!
In a few minutes I did my check in, but room was not ready yet (12.00) even if I asked for a early check-in. I had to wait in the bar for a couple of hours, where I enjoyed some nice pastry and a good coffee at a reasonable price.
The room was nice, spacious, as you can see from my photos.. a very big and comfortable bed, with a very big bathroom divided into three parts: the shower, the main bath and the toilet. High quality accessories available. Tv is a big plasma integrated into the wall (like a pictures), but it was lacking the Pay-Tv: no possibility to see international football matches during a Champions League evening. Quick wi-fi connection all over the Hotel.
Breakfast was top-level: a small buffet, but you can order a-la-carte warm dishes.. I had one of the best bacon of my travelling life.
The hotel represent well what a 5 star structure is: clean, space, location.. but I found the service a little below expectations. Here are some samples:
- the evening room services was just about the bed. They did not changed my towels even if left on the bath floor.
- I found expired butter at breakfast. I kindly showed it and it was promptly replaced.
- I had to call twice the waitress during my meal. Nobody was taking care about me and my requests.
I know, these problems are very small, compared to the thousands of "pro" I found staying at the hotel. But since this is a 5 star hotel, and I paid a 5 star rate, I'm expecting a 5 star service all the time. Or maybe my expectation are getting higher and higher.
Anyway, I strongly suggest to stay at this hotel.. if you are looking for a quality place, nice location, warm atmosphere, lovely breakfast, this is definitely the place for you. These points well go above the small problem I had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest welcomes you to an exclusive boutique hotel in Budapest with spa and wellness centre. Located in the heart of the capital of Hungary, this five-star establishment in Budapest offers a range of facilities and services to make your romantic getaway or business trip an unforgettable experience. Enjoy the fitness room, luxury suites, concierge service, gourmet food, and more! The IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest, a hotel in Liberty Square (Szabadság tér) that meets your needs. Luxury hotel in central Budapest. The IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest has everything it needs to be considered one of the best luxury hotels in east-bank Pest, across Liberty Square. It is surrounded by stately buildings that are home to embassies and ministries, within walking distance of the city's shopping district. Relaxation in the European capital of baths. The wellness and spa area in the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest is an oasis for peace and wellbeing that draws inspiration from the bathing facilities of Budapest. Enjoy facials, body treatments and relaxing treats in a space featuring whirlpool baths, Turkish baths, sauna, water jets and a long list of specialty massage treatments. Mix of contemporary and traditional styles. Opened in 2011, the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest can be considered an architectural landmark, an icon of design and cultural heritage. Besides making a unique meeting point, this boutique hotel combines contemporary and traditional styles in interesting ways in the capital of Hungary. Executive suites and guestrooms. The suites and rooms at the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest are stylish, comfortable spaces where good taste and flawless service reign supreme. Specially designed for business travellers and distinguished guests, they have everything to cater for visitors' needs. Gourmet food. Wrapped in a stylish and exclusive atmosphere, the Main Restaurant at the IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest brings together avant-garde creativity and deeply-rooted culinary tradition to deliver a unique experience in the finest Hungarian flavours. It also serves delicious international dishes. Meetings in Budapest. The IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest has become a great venue for meetings in the capital of Hungary. Exceptionally located in the heart of Pest and featuring ample rooms, this hotel makes an ideal stage for corporate events, press conferences or private celebrations. Free premium Wi-Fi. Connect to the Internet with Iberostar. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection - 3.5Mb in up to six devices - to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.