“Gulash wasn't so good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We walked in because the restaurant looks nice and has a good atmosphere. The mistake was probably ordering a Hungarian dish in an Italian restaurant, but anyway, being in Budapest we expected it to be good. I am no chef, but judging from the taste and texture, both the gulash and the noodles were from a bag. Add hot water, stir for 3 minutes and here is your dish. It was horrible, but since we were hungry we didn't have much time to complain. Afterwards we had to go eat again to a fast food restaurant.
The other meals, might be better, they looked nice on the other tables.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Great food and value tucked away on a central Budapest side street. Cozy atmosphere and good service.

1  Thank RBStPete
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I assume it was the owner who received us very welcoming and friendly. We just had a quick dinner but enjoyed it very much. I had the traditional lasagna, my friend had a spaghetti carbonara and both were very good, if not to say excellent. Portions however are not so big, so if you are very hungry, I recommend you order a started (I cannot say how any of them are). After ordering we had to wait quite long for our beers, but the owner came back and apologized and immediately it was forgotten :)
I can only recommend this place, great choice!

1  Thank Philipp_J1968
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Arriving at our hotel after 8pm, we wanted to find somewhere not too far away to eat. This restaurant is a stones throw from Deak Ferenc ter Metro station, which we used to cross (underneath) the Danube from our hotel.

We were quickly seated and the excellent service commenced immediately. My wife & I shared a mixed bruschetta starter, had carbonara and a dish of seafood pasta. We finished with chocolate cake & tiramisu, washed down with a bottle of local plonk, sparkling mineral water & two other drinks.

The bill equated to just £50 including a self imposed 10% service charge. The portions were not huge, but all dishes were exceptionally tasty and like I said, the service was just right from start to finish.

2  Thank Dodgergammon
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Budapest does seem to have a lot of tourist traps. This I do not think falls into that category and we enjoyed it. The owner [ I assume ] was most welcoming and we had a pleasant dinner.

This was an OK choice and we had tasty,handmade Italian food with a decent bottle to go. The Prosecco I thought was rather good .The bread was a little stale though and had probably been cut sometime before we had it

Its just around behind the Meridien/Kempinski .

So overall no complaints from us

1  Thank trwilbury