“Very spacious, centrally located”
Review of Lord Residence

Lord Residence
Ranked #18 of 666 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed November 24, 2012

For the moderate price, I didn't expect a large 1 bedroom apartment with a fully equipped kitchen.
It was located between the river and many great attractions, the highlights being the Zoo (highly recommend the lovely fine dining restaurant there),and a beautiful concert by an orchestra at St Stephens Basillica.
The street was very quiet. Don't be put off by the plain exterior which would be easily missed if not for the taxi driver. Dora, the receptionist spoke excellent English and was extremely helpful. It was a pity to only stay 1 night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank p0ppies
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear p0ppies,

Thank you for sharing your positive experiences on TripAdvisor.

I am happy that the apartment was above your expectations and you had a great stay at Lord Apartments.

If sometime you come back to Budapest, It will be a pleasure to welcome you for a longer stay.

There are newer reviews for Lord Residence

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great budget apartment hotel! Most of what you need in terms of kitchenware, and it's very roomy. The location is the best part. Everything is close by.

They also offer transport from and to the airport for a quite small fee considering the good service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex189839

Dear Alex189839,

I would like to thank you for your stay with us. It was great to read that you found our location and apartment comfortable and suitable.

I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the transfer service as well.

We will be very happy to welcome you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Excellent transport links and in walking distance to city centre and typical tourist attractions. As it wasn't in the prime tourist area you'd find local gems offering wonderful Hungarian fare at a fraction of the cost.
The apart hotel itself is very clean and quiet.
Can't ask for more. The room for 4 people (1 double bed and one double sofa bed) was not as big as I expected but as we were out and about most of the time it didn't matter. It is about a 5 minute walk from nyugati station.
Staff are friendly enough although we did not see them much as there was no need.
Highly recommend!
Ps. Check out a cafe-bar called Most, also less than a 5 min walk. We ate there everyday because the food was so good and it was kind to our budgets!

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Vitdub,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Lord Apartments Budapest. I am sorry that your expectation regarding the size of the apartment was not fulfilled. However I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the location of the hotel, cleanliness and our staff.

If sometime you return to Budapest, It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

For a Nordic coming to Lord Apartments is like coming home: wooden floors, light colors and furniture by Ikea give you a cozy feeling. Location close to the Parliament and the Opera is very good. Connection to other parts of the city work well with buses, trams and metro. Apartment itself is clean, there are no carpets which get dusty. Kitchen is well-equipped with dishwasher, water boiler, toaster and microwave - thought there should be more cups and plates as well as other dishes. The washing machine in bathroom is very handy. Free w-lan worked well, too. Even if the reception closes at 9 pm, the 24/7 security at the front door helps when needed. There are several good restaurants in walking distance as well as many small groceries.
This time we stayed there with a child but next time we'll try it just for adults.

Room Tip: A perfect place for someone who is used to self service.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Johanna65100

Dear Johanna65100,

I am sorry for my late response. Now we are trying to reach all guests that were being so kind to make the effort to give us the feedback. To be grateful with this never is late.

Thank you very much for staying at Lord Apartments and the kind words as well. I am very happy that you were satisfied and had a nice time with us.

I hope you can return to Budapest in the near future and choose Lord Apartments again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great apartment in central budapest with a check inn on site, with very helpfull staff . Budapest is a very beutifull but noisey city with bins being emptied every night at 4 am ,not mutch that they can do about that I guess.The only complaint about the lovely 1 bed studio my wife had, was that there was only one mirror in the apartment above the bathroom sink and no sharp bread knife to cut bread , otherwise perfect

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Graham S
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Graham S,

I am sorry for my late response. Now we are trying to reach all guests that were being so kind to made the effort to give us the feedback. To be grateful with this never is late.

Thank you very much for your stay and kind words. I really appreaciate your recommendation regarding the amenity of the apartment. We will try to do our best to improve the facilities.

We will be very happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here only 1 night. I got apartment for 3 adults and 1 child (2 king size beds). Beds were comfortable, kitchen good equipped (one disadvantage only 3 cups and plats were available), although I didn't need to cook anything. Wi-fi worked properly, many TV channels (also in english or german language).
Staff (Andrea and Dora) were extremely hepful, starting with confirmation of reservation by e-mail, by warm welcoming and checking-in, ending with providing us with tickets to Shehenyi Baths.
Apartment' location is good, near to main "must see" places and good restaurants (Jokai Street, Liszt square, Andrassy Avenue). Everything you can go by foot. It is also close to Nyugati Station, which you can get by train and 200E bus directly form Ferihegy Airport.
Air Conditioning was quiet. That night was no noise made by other tourists. Street is very calm.

Room Tip: I stayed on 3rd floor. Everything works perfecly including wi-fi and A/C.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hendrikoss

Dear Hendrikoss,

Thank you very much for your stay and kind words. I am very happy that you were satisfied and had a nice stay.

King regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

There was three of us staying in the apartment but there were two bedrooms and a lounge each with a double bed so capable of sleeping six.

The price was very good and what we found when we arrived was a lot more than we expected.

Helpful and cheerful reception staff who explained everything to us about the apartment and the local night life.

Usually I stay at one of the nice hotels but the people I was with wanted something a little cheaper and I am glad because the next time I stay in Budapest it will be at the Lord Apartments.

These people definitely should have recognition for the way they run these apartments.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Adela C
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Adela C,

Thank you for your excellent rating on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased that you absolutely enjoyed your stay and found our service to be excellent.
I was happy to read you liked the apartment and found our staff helpful and cheerful. I hope they helped you in anything you needed.

I also appreciate your kind words regarding the management of Lord Apartments. Reviews like yours give us new inspirations to do our best for our guests.

I look forward the opportunity to welcome you again.

Kindest regards,