“On a budget? Value For Money & Great Location”
Review of Lord Residence

Lord Residence
Ranked #18 of 674 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Excellent transport links and in walking distance to city centre and typical tourist attractions. As it wasn't in the prime tourist area you'd find local gems offering wonderful Hungarian fare at a fraction of the cost.
The apart hotel itself is very clean and quiet.
Can't ask for more. The room for 4 people (1 double bed and one double sofa bed) was not as big as I expected but as we were out and about most of the time it didn't matter. It is about a 5 minute walk from nyugati station.
Staff are friendly enough although we did not see them much as there was no need.
Highly recommend!
Ps. Check out a cafe-bar called Most, also less than a 5 min walk. We ate there everyday because the food was so good and it was kind to our budgets!

• Stayed: November 2012
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Vitdub,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Lord Apartments Budapest. I am sorry that your expectation regarding the size of the apartment was not fulfilled. However I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the location of the hotel, cleanliness and our staff.

If sometime you return to Budapest, It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

For a Nordic coming to Lord Apartments is like coming home: wooden floors, light colors and furniture by Ikea give you a cozy feeling. Location close to the Parliament and the Opera is very good. Connection to other parts of the city work well with buses, trams and metro. Apartment itself is clean, there are no carpets which get dusty. Kitchen is well-equipped with dishwasher, water boiler, toaster and microwave - thought there should be more cups and plates as well as other dishes. The washing machine in bathroom is very handy. Free w-lan worked well, too. Even if the reception closes at 9 pm, the 24/7 security at the front door helps when needed. There are several good restaurants in walking distance as well as many small groceries.
This time we stayed there with a child but next time we'll try it just for adults.

Room Tip: A perfect place for someone who is used to self service.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Johanna65100

Dear Johanna65100,

I am sorry for my late response. Now we are trying to reach all guests that were being so kind to make the effort to give us the feedback. To be grateful with this never is late.

Thank you very much for staying at Lord Apartments and the kind words as well. I am very happy that you were satisfied and had a nice time with us.

I hope you can return to Budapest in the near future and choose Lord Apartments again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great apartment in central budapest with a check inn on site, with very helpfull staff . Budapest is a very beutifull but noisey city with bins being emptied every night at 4 am ,not mutch that they can do about that I guess.The only complaint about the lovely 1 bed studio my wife had, was that there was only one mirror in the apartment above the bathroom sink and no sharp bread knife to cut bread , otherwise perfect

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Graham S
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Graham S,

I am sorry for my late response. Now we are trying to reach all guests that were being so kind to made the effort to give us the feedback. To be grateful with this never is late.

Thank you very much for your stay and kind words. I really appreaciate your recommendation regarding the amenity of the apartment. We will try to do our best to improve the facilities.

We will be very happy to welcome you again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here only 1 night. I got apartment for 3 adults and 1 child (2 king size beds). Beds were comfortable, kitchen good equipped (one disadvantage only 3 cups and plats were available), although I didn't need to cook anything. Wi-fi worked properly, many TV channels (also in english or german language).
Staff (Andrea and Dora) were extremely hepful, starting with confirmation of reservation by e-mail, by warm welcoming and checking-in, ending with providing us with tickets to Shehenyi Baths.
Apartment' location is good, near to main "must see" places and good restaurants (Jokai Street, Liszt square, Andrassy Avenue). Everything you can go by foot. It is also close to Nyugati Station, which you can get by train and 200E bus directly form Ferihegy Airport.
Air Conditioning was quiet. That night was no noise made by other tourists. Street is very calm.

Room Tip: I stayed on 3rd floor. Everything works perfecly including wi-fi and A/C.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hendrikoss

Dear Hendrikoss,

Thank you very much for your stay and kind words. I am very happy that you were satisfied and had a nice stay.

If sometime you come back to Budapest, It will be a pleasure to welcome you for a longer stay.

King regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

There was three of us staying in the apartment but there were two bedrooms and a lounge each with a double bed so capable of sleeping six.

The price was very good and what we found when we arrived was a lot more than we expected.

Helpful and cheerful reception staff who explained everything to us about the apartment and the local night life.

Usually I stay at one of the nice hotels but the people I was with wanted something a little cheaper and I am glad because the next time I stay in Budapest it will be at the Lord Apartments.

These people definitely should have recognition for the way they run these apartments.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Adela C
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Adela C,

Thank you for your excellent rating on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased that you absolutely enjoyed your stay and found our service to be excellent.
I was happy to read you liked the apartment and found our staff helpful and cheerful. I hope they helped you in anything you needed.

I also appreciate your kind words regarding the management of Lord Apartments. Reviews like yours give us new inspirations to do our best for our guests.

I look forward the opportunity to welcome you again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed in a studio apartment with my girlfriend in June.

Good Points:
This place is in a great location. 5 minutes walk from plenty of the attractions, and, near (excellent) public transport where you can get pretty much everywhere.

It's not in THE touristy place ( which is by the river), so you get good, local pricing. The aparthotel itself is great value for money.

The place is super clean and very well looked after. It has everything you can imagine form super fast internet, everything in a kitchen imagineable, a dishwasher, and a washing machine. It's very modern and very comfortable.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

Bad Point:

i would certainly visit the place again and recommend it to friends, but, one part of the experience could have been better...

I was unlucky with the air con. it really didn't work very well. And (being a bit of a techie) I knew there was an error light on the unit which meant the water wasn't draining properly from it, and therefore the air compressor (that cools there air) had cut out for safety. A grumpy maintenance man came up and told me "it was working" but he'd call an engineer anyway. The engineer sorted out the fault, but the machine still didn't work great.

Tips:
- Visit a restaurant called Comme Chez Soi. It made our holiday. Make sure you book in advance though.
- Get the hop on hop off bus - it'll allow you to see the whole place in a short time.
- The Spas are worth a visit but not when its too hot as they are hot themselves! Go evening or in cooler months.
- Book your airport trasnfer on www.airportshuttle.hu - you'll need to put in the hotel address not the hotel name (it's not in their system) but the transfer was very slick and very cheap (much cheaper than the hotels option).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank holiday27
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear holiday27,

Thank you for sharing your positive and negative experiences with us.

Your comments are valuable for us and highlight the area where we need to focus on to provide excellent experiences for guests.

Since your visit we check all of our air-conditioning units and changed some of them. Now I can proudly say that all of the apartments have air conditioning and all of them are working properly.

I would like to mention that I really appreciate that you highlighted the helpfulness of the staff and the location.

If you come back sometime to Budapest, it will be a pleasure to show you the result of our work.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Excellent location, many of the sites within walking distance. Apartment was just right for our needs and what we expected after having a good look through their website. The only drawback we found was the air-conditioning unit was too noisy and we gave up trying to use it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JenGill59

Dear JenGill59,

I would like to thank you for your stay with us. It was great to read that you found our location and apartment convenient.

Regarding the noise of the Air Conditioning I apologize for the inconveniences. According to guest feedbacks, it was something that we must to improve. We detected specific rooms with the mentioned incident and we were working hard to improve this issue. Hopefully now in all of the apartments the Air Conditioning is working smoothly and quietly.

All the best,