“Beyond expectations”

Lord Residence
Ranked #18 of 666 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed July 9, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jamieeeee
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

There are newer reviews for Lord Residence

Reviewed July 5, 2012

After hours of searching through lastminute me and my friend finally settled on this; we couldn't have gone for a better choice. For the price, the apartment was outstanding. We were greeted by Agnes who was extremely helpful and advised us on what to do and where to go in the city. All the staff were so friendly and easy to talk to. They definitely made our experience in Budapest that much more enjoyable.

The room itself was clean and the amenities were superb. The apartment was very secure and away from the street, so no outside noise. Thanks to the rooms air conditioning we were able to cool off from the 40 degree heat. The apartments are situated right in the heart of the Pest side of the river. Upon arrival at reception we were given a handy map to help us find our way round. We also bought tickets from the desk for the Hop On, Hop off bus tour with a discounted price (about €18 and certainly worth the money).

There is so much to see and it really is a beautiful city. The only downside was the heat. But then again, I am from England...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Max W

Dear Max W,

I am glad that finally you decided to stay at Lord Apartments.

Review like yours always gives us a new inspiration to do our best for the guests.
Thank you for highlighting the efficiency of our staff. I will forward your kind comment to the Front Desk.

I am really pleased to read that you also liked the location and despite the central location you found it quit.
I hope you will choose Lord Apartments again when you return to Budapest.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Family of four stayed in a one-bedroom apartment (1 double in the bedroom, 1 added cot in living room, 1 slept on sofa). We thought we were going to get enough bed-space for 4 people but it might have been a miscommunication when we were booking. We had a small kitchen and very small living room. Wi-fi was good. The A/C unit was extremely loud and hard to figure out at times but worked OK. Keeping the windows open helped but it meant we could hear the street noise (albeit it was soccer fans celebrating on a weekend night). Our late arrival and early departure time made it somewhat inconvenient to deal with the receptionists, who only work certain hours (but they were helpful when we did see them), and the 24-hour security guards did not speak much english (although we eventually got what we needed via sign-language). Overall the apartment was a good find with an excellent location to see all the sights.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank josieshoes
Lord-Apartments, Manager at Lord Residence, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Josieshoes,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Lord Apartments Budapest. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations from every aspects; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

As you mentioned our reception is open from 8:00 until 21:00 everyday. Between the opening times we are always happy and ready to help our guest in every matter. In the building there is a 24-hour security desk, but they do not part of us and that is why they do not speak any language.

I am happy that you found the location and apartments satisfactory.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Lord Apartments and like many of the other reviewers, we were very pleased with our accommodations, probably even more so after we paid so little for the place. While the street and outside look a little dodgy, once you enter the 24 hour security gate, you will arrive to a whole new world. The staff (Agnes) is very helpful and will fill you in on all of the local sights, tourist info, great cafes, etc. The apartment is very clean, spacious and modern. We had a nice balcony that led out to the center of the complex. There is a washing machine with a drying rack. The kitchen is decent sized and has anything you might need. For 2 people, we had more than enough room and were sad to leave. It is a great location and close to all the main attractions in Pest. I would definitely return to Lord Apartments if I'm back in Budapest.

Room Tip: A "double" room comes with an actual bedroom and a full sized futon in the living room. 3...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shanel F

Dear Shanel F,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for chosen Lord Apartments Budapest.

I am very pleased to read that you absolutely enjoyed your stay and found our service great.

We will be very happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Value for money,very clean comfortable rooms. The staff Agnes and Dora very helpful.
Very central location . walkable 5 -10 mins to most attractions.Overall great experience.
Very close to west end shopping center excellent for shopping and also close to two
metro station.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wanderer963

Dear Wanderer963,

I was delighted to read your great review about Lord Apartments Budapest.

I would like to thank you the excellent rating.

If sometime you come back to Budapest, It will be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed with 2 friends at Lord Apartments in May. Excellent location right near the Opera house, and inbetween 2 metro stations - Opera and Octogan.

Very clean and modern. Stayed for 5 nights, changed towels once, which was fine

Reception staff Dora and Agnes very friendly and helpful.

Our room had a balcony which was really nice, although it overooked the main street, and was a bit noisy at night - echoey more than anything. We did have to sleep with the door closed all night, but there is an air conditioning unit if you need it.

Overall we had a great stay in a great location.

Room Tip: You could ask for a room which overlooks the courtyard to elliminate noise from the street - althoug...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Milly123Colchester,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Lord Apartments Budapest. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations from every aspect. On the other hand I was happy that you highlighted that the location was great.

Unfortunately as we are in the city center during the night the streets are little noisy.
However I hope you could enjoy the balcony during the daytime and had relaxing sleeps during the nights.

I will forward your nice comment about the staff.

I look forward the opportunity to welcome you at Lord Apartments Budapest.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Lovely modern apartment, very clean, nice friendly staff and in an excellent location for sight seeing.

Room Tip: Brilliant to have a balcony (our room overlooked the street at the front) on which to eat our breakf...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank BaileyL40

Dear BaileyL40,

First of all I am sorry for my late response. Now we are trying to reach all guests that were being so kind to made the effort to give us the feedback. To be grateful with this never is late.

Thanks for your comment and feedback.
I am very happy that you were satisfied and had a nice stay.
I am going to recognize all staff in your name.