“great rooms”

Boscolo Residence
Ranked #86 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed February 13, 2014

stayed in the hotel in September 2013,
rooms are really huge, and you have there anything you need, dish washer, laundry machine, everything. wi fi was free and with good connection.
you can use the facilities of the boscolo hotel for gym and spa, which is awesome.
continental breakfast was not so good, not so many things for a 5 stars hotel. you do have the option to add money for a bigger breakfast, which sounds strange as you expect a decent breakfast in a 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have booked an apartment with 2 bedrooms, it was perfect with 2 children. We did not cook but it was useful to have a kitchen to make tea and hot chocolate. Staff is efficient and friendly, they gave us program for kids and some good tips where to go. The only negative thing was that there is only one elevator, we always had to wait 3-4 minutes to go up or down.

Room Tip: rooms facing the courtyard are quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank werner p
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Very nice stay in Budapest.

Super friendly welcome and fast check in. Near metro station and modern building.

After arriving at the airport, buying a 72 hour travel card, taking the bus 220E and metro arrived without issues at the Boscolo Residence. Got a nice room, bed, shower to enjoy the weekend.

Modern building, in the centre of Budapest. Very clean, great shower, great bed.

Room 388, very quiet...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed in the Boscolo Residence in January, the suites are connected to the Hotel so you have access to all the facilities of the hotel (we received complementary entry to SPA). We found the location perfect, close to the Ruin bars district for a few drinks but also close to all the sites, shopping and restaurants etc, albeit a 5 minute walk although there is the tube stop outside if you want to go a tad further. People had said there wasnt anything around the hotel but it was in the centre and felt so, with coffee shops etc. in close proximity.

The place itself was fantastic, great design throughout the Hotel with very good free WI-FI, and the suite with the open plan lounge, kitchen and partially divided bedroom perfect for chilling out. We found the staff extremely helpful and friendly and we even had a bowl of fruit and some chocs/nuts on arrival! The only negative would be the fridge didnt work at all, but reception were kind enough to supply a bowl of ice for our drinks! We are recommending some friends to stay there when they go to Buda later this year.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen B
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest 'Stephen B',

Thank you for visiting Boscolo Residence. I am glad to see that you had a nice time with us and you enjoyed our city as well. It is my pleasure to read that the Residence lived up to your expectations and our staff made their utmost to be at your assistance when you needed.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have stayed here 6 times in the last 3 years all stays 2½ weeks or more.

In the beginning it used to be great.
Second stay, I forget my remote (bluetooth speaker) I call the front-desk to ask if they can look in the room and see it somewhere. They cant find it.
Lo and behold, I return 3 weeks (!) later asked for the same room and what do I find under the bed... My remote!!!
Nice housekeeping, really great!! :-(

That was the first sign of trouble. Later stays just went from bad to worse. I have been made promises so many times that the breakfast problems will be resolved, it just never happens. There is never enough of everything not even plates and cutlery... You can read it in the reviews below me! Promises, promises....

Some one used to tell me. "You're only as good as your word". And unfortunately for the Boscolo residence there "words" means absolutely nothing!

I will be staying in my new Residence of choice from next week. Just 500 meters down the street!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Patranov

Dear Valued Guest 'Patranov',

first and foremost thank you for your loyalty towards Boscolo Residence. I am sorry to see that we were not able to provide a service that meet your standards and you decided to leave our hotel. Please be informed I will investigate the mentioned disfunctions regarding the cleaning and breakfast service. I hope we will be able to win back your trust someday and you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We rented 2 apartments : 1 was large, the other one huge. Both were comfortable, well equipped, quite luxurious. The spa is simple but it's nice. I would have given 4.5 stars, if the location had been a bit closer to the centre, and if the rest had been up to par. But ...

I'm giving only a rating of 3 because of two things :

1. The sound insulation is bad. In the apartment situated on the street side is noisy non-stop - the avenue is draining a lot of traffic and safety vehicles with sirens on --> due to the bad insulation, it's difficult to ignore the noise especially when trying to fall asleep. In the other apartment (other side of the apartment block), the street noises cannot be heard - but the noise made in neighbouring apartments is part of the stay ...

2. The breakfast is terrible : the first 2 days, we had to wait 10 minutes to get a table for 4. The coffee machine was broken. And quite a few items from the buffet were missing. The third morning was a total disaster : no table, no coffee machine, then when we finally got a table, no plates, only large spoons (no forks, no knives), no eggs or bacon left, we finally got some bread after another 10 minutes, no milk, and the fruit juice jars were desperately empty. The fourth morning ... we went into town to get a breakfast ! This was between Christmas and New Year, a peak season - still, it's inadmissible.

We booked a package "apartment + spa + breakfast", with a big discount. At full price, I would not have been satisfied with the value for money. However - the management could easily improve the worst part, the breakfast. And all in all, I did enjoy my stay in Budapest !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank CedricJacquet
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest 'CedricJacquet',

Thank you for sharing your opinion about Boscolo Residence. It is nice to read that you all in all enjoyed your stay in Budapest but on the other hand I am sorry to see that we were not able to provide maximum comfort during your stay. I will focuse on the mentioned problems to avoid them in the future and find the best solution with short notice.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My girlfriend and I spend 3 great days here for New Years. Location is perfect, very near the subway and not far from city centre. Apartment is well designed, spacious, very clean, has a nice bathroom and a big comfy bed. Complimentary coffee in the lobby is a nice plus. Staff is also very polite. The only thing we disliked was disorganized breakfast. There was not so much left so we had to ask for everything (including plates).

We would definitely stay here again and we recommend it to everyone, especially for a longer stay :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrej_Croatia
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest 'Andrej_Croatia',

Thank you for choosing Boscolo Residence. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel's comfort and our room design has won over you. Regarding the breakfast area please take my apology for the inconvenience you experienced. Your anticipated return is greatly appreciated!