“Great, but ...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Namur, Belgium
“Great, but ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

We rented 2 apartments : 1 was large, the other one huge. Both were comfortable, well equipped, quite luxurious. The spa is simple but it's nice. I would have given 4.5 stars, if the location had been a bit closer to the centre, and if the rest had been up to par. But ...

I'm giving only a rating of 3 because of two things :

1. The sound insulation is bad. In the apartment situated on the street side is noisy non-stop - the avenue is draining a lot of traffic and safety vehicles with sirens on --> due to the bad insulation, it's difficult to ignore the noise especially when trying to fall asleep. In the other apartment (other side of the apartment block), the street noises cannot be heard - but the noise made in neighbouring apartments is part of the stay ...

2. The breakfast is terrible : the first 2 days, we had to wait 10 minutes to get a table for 4. The coffee machine was broken. And quite a few items from the buffet were missing. The third morning was a total disaster : no table, no coffee machine, then when we finally got a table, no plates, only large spoons (no forks, no knives), no eggs or bacon left, we finally got some bread after another 10 minutes, no milk, and the fruit juice jars were desperately empty. The fourth morning ... we went into town to get a breakfast ! This was between Christmas and New Year, a peak season - still, it's inadmissible.

We booked a package "apartment + spa + breakfast", with a big discount. At full price, I would not have been satisfied with the value for money. However - the management could easily improve the worst part, the breakfast. And all in all, I did enjoy my stay in Budapest !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank CedricJacquet
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Valued Guest 'CedricJacquet',

Thank you for sharing your opinion about Boscolo Residence. It is nice to read that you all in all enjoyed your stay in Budapest but on the other hand I am sorry to see that we were not able to provide maximum comfort during your stay. I will focuse on the mentioned problems to avoid them in the future and find the best solution with short notice.

Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Varazdin, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My girlfriend and I spend 3 great days here for New Years. Location is perfect, very near the subway and not far from city centre. Apartment is well designed, spacious, very clean, has a nice bathroom and a big comfy bed. Complimentary coffee in the lobby is a nice plus. Staff is also very polite. The only thing we disliked was disorganized breakfast. There was not so much left so we had to ask for everything (including plates).

We would definitely stay here again and we recommend it to everyone, especially for a longer stay :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrej_Croatia
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest 'Andrej_Croatia',

Thank you for choosing Boscolo Residence. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel's comfort and our room design has won over you. Regarding the breakfast area please take my apology for the inconvenience you experienced. Your anticipated return is greatly appreciated!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Lovely Residence, Great Value for money, only one comment was the lack of fresh juices at the breakfast at the adjoint Boscolo Hotel which is strange for a 5 star Hotel, everything else was just fine, very clean and peaceful neighborhood

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Moe A
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest 'Moe A',

Thank you for selecting Boscolo Residence. It is my pleasure to see that you had nice time with us. I hope upon your next stay we will be able to meet your expectations with our fresh juice selection as well. Your return to our hotel is always welcome!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff bad attitude!the staff was very indifferent!I just put the pants in the washing machine, and then I want to start the washing machine, but the washing machine does not work, so I wanted to remove my pants, but the washer lid unable to open.hotel managers believe that we broke.He wants us full price for compensation.We said we did not have enough money,he let us check out immediately...It makes us very sad,we have been forced to pay money. I can not believe this is the five-star service apartment, front desk staff has serious racial discrimination.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Xinrui F
Dear Valued Guest 'Xinrui F'

Thank you for visiting Boscolo Residence. Please be assured that I have been informed about this unfortunate situation. As I know, first one of our front office team member and than our duty manager has contacted you during your stay regarding the ruined washing maschine. I am sorry to tell you that any kind of damage caused in our equipments, resulting from improper use should be covered by our guests. This is a general policy and I feel sorry if you considered this action as an attack!

Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Spend few weeks here in july/august 2013.
Room was huge,with all benefit a small apartment.Only the outside street noise was annoying in the morning.
Beside that all great.
No hesitation to come again
BM.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BMM2011
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'BMM2011',

Thank you for choosing Boscolo Residence for your stay in Budapest. I am happy to read that you were satisfied with our hotel and planing to return to us.

Your kind visit is always welcome

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

i was supposed to stay int he hotel but they messed up my reservation and put me here. the residence is connected to the hotel. my room was HUGE: two stories with a gorgeous patio on both levels. even had a washer in it! i was only there two nights and barely in the room but i'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
      Rooms
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest "michelle r"

Thank you for visiting Boscolo Residence. I am happy to read that you had overall a nice time with us. Should you come back to Budapest, please do not hesitate to book us again. Your kind return is always welcome.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

For the price paid I was happy. It is in a good central location. We walked everywhere from here as the metro was not operating the weekend we stayed.

It looks lovely from afar but when you look at the finer details it is shabby and poorly out together.

In the bathroom tiles were missing from the shower and mould spots evident. The sink was fitted the wrong way around and when you touched the tap it felt like it would break.

The kitchen is fitted out with Ikea products. This does not scream luxury for five star.

However the rooms are much larger than a standard hotel room. We had a washing machine which we used. The wifi signal and speed was excellent.

The staff were all helpful. I had cut my finger when I arrived and she kindly got me a plaster/band aid.

I would stay again if the price was right.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'DaninrugbyUk',

Thank you for choosing Boscolo Residence. I was happy to read that overall you had a nice time with us, enjoyed the spacious apartment and you found useful the high speed internet and the built in wash machine.
The missing tiles and moving tap is totally unacceptable, these are not up to our standards. I will ask the maintenance team to make a comprehensive technical inspection in all bathrooms to avoid these problems in the future.