We rented 2 apartments : 1 was large, the other one huge. Both were comfortable, well equipped, quite luxurious. The spa is simple but it's nice. I would have given 4.5 stars, if the location had been a bit closer to the centre, and if the rest had been up to par. But ...
I'm giving only a rating of 3 because of two things :
1. The sound insulation is bad. In the apartment situated on the street side is noisy non-stop - the avenue is draining a lot of traffic and safety vehicles with sirens on --> due to the bad insulation, it's difficult to ignore the noise especially when trying to fall asleep. In the other apartment (other side of the apartment block), the street noises cannot be heard - but the noise made in neighbouring apartments is part of the stay ...
2. The breakfast is terrible : the first 2 days, we had to wait 10 minutes to get a table for 4. The coffee machine was broken. And quite a few items from the buffet were missing. The third morning was a total disaster : no table, no coffee machine, then when we finally got a table, no plates, only large spoons (no forks, no knives), no eggs or bacon left, we finally got some bread after another 10 minutes, no milk, and the fruit juice jars were desperately empty. The fourth morning ... we went into town to get a breakfast ! This was between Christmas and New Year, a peak season - still, it's inadmissible.
We booked a package "apartment + spa + breakfast", with a big discount. At full price, I would not have been satisfied with the value for money. However - the management could easily improve the worst part, the breakfast. And all in all, I did enjoy my stay in Budapest !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Budapest, these stylish 5-star apartments of Boscolo Residence offer lots of space and fully equipped kitchenettes.Within a 1-minute walk you can reach the Blaha Lujza Square public transport hub and the Keleti Railway Station is just a 5-minute taxi ride away from the Boscolo Residence.Featuring a subtle combination of brown and white tones, each of the apartments comes with a large flat-screen TV, a spacious seating and dining area and a modern bathroom.Guests can take advantage of all the services of the Boscolo Budapest Hotel 200 metres away. These include the buffet breakfast, spa and fitness facilities for a surcharge, and the bar with live piano music and the underground garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Boscolo Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boscolo Luxury Residence Hotel Budapest