“Will def stay here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boscolo Residence

Boscolo Residence
Ranked #50 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Stockholm, Sweden
“Will def stay here again!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Friendly and great staff, we had a wonderful stay and will be back again! Can strongly recommend this hotel for everyone who needs a bit more than just a room at a great hotel. Clean, nice big apartments and children friendly athmosphere. Our 1,5 year old had a crib and since we had a huge bathtub he really enjoyed our stay fully!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank NicolleS191

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Le Relecq-Kerhuon, France
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I travel all over the world since many years , and the boscolo luxury residence is the best experience i had in a hotel.

The staff is really helpfull , and we had an upgrade in a New York suite ! Some members of the staff speak French, and it's a great help for me ;-).

For the price, you can't find a better place in Budapest. I read some bad reviews , and i want to tell to this people "Go in the boscolo hotel and not in the luxury residence". If you want to spend 3 times the price of the residence, it's your choice ......

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the upper floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank hometheater
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We enjoyed the stay at Boscolo Residence in Budapest. Location wea perfect! Also clean and wide residential room with large windows and well educated staffs made us really happy. Especially my wife loved the hotel, so if we have chance to visit Budapest near future, we will select Boscolo Residence again!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quite large with large windows!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
new york city
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We booked a room at the Boscolo Residence and when we got there we learned that they were overbooked . We were offered an upgrade at the hotel which did not at first seem like it would fill our space needs since we had a good deal of luggage. We were wrong. The beds were extremely comfortable .The room they gave us was lovely and large and the staff were extremely accommodating and very very helpful at all times with information and even finding us a scale for weighing our luggage at our upcoming airport check in.

Overall what might have been a disappointment was a very positive experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Taipei
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

By booking the stay via www.Trivago.com and getting linked to agoda.com, the hotel is presented as 5-Star luxury residence apartment.
But the hotel itself state a 4-star performance.
If they won't have a elevator, I even wouldn't give them 3-stars.
Based on the information of the homepage outlook you see the apartments are the same as the famous "Boscolo luxery hotel"' who has the same owner, but the apartment have nothing in common as the name!!!

Poor furniture, lousy breakfast, poor room design with damaged furniture and not finished utilities in the rooms.
The staff is also not very supportive!!!

As I booked a room for all 4 of us (two adults and two kids) we got an upgraded at the check in .... But again just for 3 people...

At the entrance. Lobby you will see a "trip advisor 2013 Winner award".
I don't know how they've deserved it, but definitely not by their performance and customer orientation, perhaps just because of the location of this place.
I have to say, there are other places who deserve this award, but definitely not this place!!!

In total, I really can't recommend this place to others!
I strongly hope for the hotel management to make a big change in total and for the trip advisor team, please consider your awards a bit more in detail before handing it out to the hotels.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Flyhead
BoscoloResidence_GM, General Manager at Boscolo Residence, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest 'Flyhead',

Thank you for your feedback. I'm really sorry to see that Boscolo Residence did not live up to your expectations and our staff could not provide the service you wished for. Would you like to discuss the issues you experienced through your stay please feel free to contact us via guest.relation@budapest.boscolo.com.

With kind regards,
Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Like one of the other comments I have been staying in the residence for almost six months arriving in February and in spite of a sympathetic and excellent business manager taking care of my many complaints this is somewhere I would not recommend.

Clearly there was a need for a high end Aparthotel in central Budapest and this should have been excellent but somewhere along the line the company clearly ran out of money and decided to do things on the cheap.

It appears that most of the fittings are Ikea, and while I have a dishwasher and a washer dryer, a two ring electric stove and a microwave oven just does not cut it for a six month stay. As with the other comments, the shower floods every time you use it. The bathtub in my third apartment is so badly fitted that when weighed down with water it comes away from the sealant and you could put your finger in the gap. The aircon works most of the time. But the vents that you can close or open according to your need in some cases have been painted over and where the paint has dried. Paint splashes everywhere, including the headboards. TV reception is dreadful. And they don't even stump up for some entertainment channels, only the news and sports channels.

The worst thing is the cleaning company that has been outsourced. They are supposed to come in and do a towel service, empty that trash, replenish toilet tissue, though not make beds daily. I have had to chase them down to get toilet roll. Two bathrooms no toilet tissue. Am I supposed to use a towel? When we had guests staying we would ask for extra towels - you only get two, and if I was lucky there would be extra, usually not. I have come home to find the bin emptied, but left in the middle of the floor not in the cupboard, to find windows open - bear in mind we have balcoies so anyone could have come in and helped themselves. Calling the desk downstairs - lucky to get an answer. I was in my apartment a couple of times when they were cleaning. I say cleaning but sometimes I tried a test, leaving a greasy mark on the table, or a footprint in the bathroom, or an errand hair (don't ask) in the basin or on the toilet seat. Guess what? Still there after the "full clean and service". Seems to me that someone is getting an enormous backhander from this outsourced company.

In the final two floor apartment there were no blackout blinds/drapes in the bedroom so with the sun rising just after four, so do I. And there is a gap in the wall between the two bedrooms, which means you hear every last cough, wind or comment that the guests in that room are using.

Lastly, as is a common problem in Budapest with Taxis that have altered meters, one I order from the front desk charged three times the amount it should have been. Not good, though the manager did make amends.

It is a real shame, this place should be amazing. The front desk staff are kind and attentive, the manager I dealt with was efficient and professional, but they do not live there so do not deal with the crap that we do. I'd like to take photos and post them, but it would take so long.

If I ever have a long stay again, it will not be here, and looking at the rental prices, for what we were paying we could have had a beautiful villa on Buda Hill with views of the city for less than we were being charged.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank tallguy1968
Dear Valued Guest 'tallguy1968',

First and foremost thank you very much for staying with us at Boscolo Residence. I'm really sorry that our Residence did not provide the comfort you expected and that we could not fulfill your requests. I would kindly like to inform you that 2 weeks ago we implemented a new procedure of servicing the rooms and the frequency of cleaning was increased as well for our guests staying with us for a longer term. We believe the new method will result in higher customer satisfaction and I hope we would have the chance to win your trust in Boscolo Residence back.

I remain at your disposal may I be at your assistance.

With kind regards,
Kinga ENGELBRECHT - General Manager
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have been staying at the Bosccolo Residence for the last 2 months and so far they have not made our stay very pleasant. The overall impression of the apartments is poor. They are not well maintained.
When we moved in, the AC was not working, some of the kitchen ware had to be replaced because it was broken, the floor is dirty and scratched, the curtains have burn holes in them, the bathroom has mold everywhere, the shower is flooding the bathroom every time you use it. The apartments are cleaned once a week. The cleaning is not very thorough. The shower head has not been cleaned once and is starting to show mold. Same with the bathtub and the bathroom floor. The floors get vacuumed and swept but they don't pay attention if the floor is actually getting clean.

Don't think about asking for anything extra. An additional kitchen towel, a vase or laundry basket. Not possible. Not all rooms have dishwashers or washing machines. For the entire building there is ONE washing machine (the other one has been broken for weeks) and ONE dryer (the other one has been broken since we arrived) in the Mezzanine level.

Ask the reception to mail a letter for us. Well, that letter never made it to its final destination. Got lost somewhere.

The kitchen is equipped (4 plates, 4 glasses, 4 forks, 4 knives, 2 pots, etc.) Ok if you try to make a sandwich, impossible to actually cook a meal. The stove has 2 burners but the 2 pots don't fit on it at the same time.

It is a place where you can stay a few days but not long term!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business