“A hands-on experience in a short time.”
Review of Fungarian

$55.00*
Budapest Jewish Heritage Walking Tour
$72.00*
and up
Private Budapest Ecseri Flea Market Tour: Antiques, Curios and Hungarian Culture
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fun, interesting things to do in Budapest and ways to learn about Hungarian language & culture... Our Fungarian(R) classes are the perfect, relaxed way to begin your visit to Budapest. Whether you are interested in learning a few basic Hungarian words and phrases to help you learn more about the Hungarian culture or interested in one-on-one Hungarian tuition we would be delighted to help you. We are sure our Budapest city tours are the best on offer and that you will agree when you let one of our knowledgeable friendly guides show you the city. Our thematic tours like Communism tour, Art Nouveau Tour, The Flea Market Tour or the Public Transport Tour are among the most popular ones. Discover Budapest's hidden highlights with a knowledgeable guide as part of your own privately guided tour.
Boulder, Colorado
“A hands-on experience in a short time.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I visited Hungary in the month of July with my 2 daughters. I decided it would be a good exposure for the girls and myself to learn a little bit of the language from a native speaker. Not only did we learn a lot of Hungarian in 3 hours, but we also received a ton of first-hand practical information and advice about the country and the people from Annamaria. It was a wonderful experience that I recommend for everyone traveling to Hungary.

Agnes Roszell
CU Boulder

miklos_12, Owner at Fungarian, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Agnes,
Good to hear that after learning the simple rules of pronouncing words you could use your phrasebook (Annamaria told me). Your daughters were sooo wonderful learners. No wonder, you can learn a foreign language properly before you're 14 the latest. miklos

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Huntsville, Alabama
“We began our trip with Fungarian!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We landed in at the Budapest airport in the early afternoon, checked into our hotel and then left for our two hour lesson with Miklos. He tailored the lesson to our needs and even helped to translate some inscriptions on the back of some very old family pictures that I brought along. Miklos not only taught us the words, but educated us about how the words were developed and how respectfully the language is used. It is a beautiful, but challenging language and the culture is truly historic. Miklos is a patient instructor, great fun to be around and the adorable cafe where we met is easy to reach, served a delicious sandwich and had an attentive staff. We highly recommend Fungarian! We'll do another lesson when we return.

Visited June 2013
miklos_12, Owner at Fungarian, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Alicia,
Meeting the two of you was a memorable event. I can't appreciate enough your interest in Hungarian culture. I only hope that you accumulated a lot emotional energy to feel positive about Hungarians. Miklós and the Fungarian Team
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't Miss This Golden Opportunity”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our 3-hour Fungarian experience was the highlight of our trip. My family, a group of four people, consisting of my aunt (70-year old Chinese-Canadian), my husband (Indian-British), my 10-year old daughter and I, had a lesson with Balazs on our first day in Budapest. Balazs was friendly, knowledgeable and engaging. He told interesting stories and made learning Hungarian language and culture a FUN experience! Balazs introduced us to Budapest and helped us plan our 3-day trip. As a result, we were able to visit many places that are of interest to our group. We have many fond memories of Budapest and much of the credit goes to Balazs.

To Balazs and Fungarian, may we say "Kosonom" (thank you) and "Szivesen" (from our hearts)!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Balazs makes Hungarian Fun!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

While on a business trip in Budapest for a few days, I enjoyed a Fungarian lesson with Balazs. He met us at a downtown cafe and gave us an informative lesson on language, history, and culture.I felt an immediate connection with the city thanks to the walking tour and language tips. What a wonderful language lesson. We had a great time, what a perfect introduction to the city!

miklos_12, Owner at Fungarian, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Natan,Thank you for your contribution. It seems that our recently introduced 3-hour program option "language and histrory combined with a walk" was a good idea. We are happy we could make your stay meaningful and enjoyable. Miklos Molnar, director, Fungarian
Oxford, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Brilliant start to our Budapest visit”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were keen to start our Budapest trip with some local knowledge of the history, culture and Hungarian language. I can't recommend a Fungarian session highly enough! Balazs met us at the Zenit cafe opposite the synagogue (very easy to find). We'd booked a 'Fungarian Extra' session. The 2 hours simply flew by as Balazs made us laugh whilst at the same time educating us about the Hungarian people, their ways, some basic phrases (which we then proceeded to try out at a local ruin pub once we'd left!!). He also touched on the local history as well as giving us some tips on what to visit and some Budapest orientation essentials.

Anyone visiting such a fascinating city should absolutely start with Fungarian. It's made a huge difference to our enjoyment and appreciation of Budapest. Thank you Balazs!

Visited June 2013
miklos_12, Owner at Fungarian, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Balázs told me how enjoyable your company was. We highly appreciate your interest in our language and culture and it's taken for granted that Balázs is the proper ambassador to live up to this task. Kind regards, Miklós Molnár, director of Fungarian