“Delicious goulash soup, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Anna Cafe

Anna Cafe
Ranked #28 of 201 Coffee & Tea in Budapest
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, European, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Newcastle
“Delicious goulash soup, friendly staff”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went to this restaurant after long day in a conference nearby and was refreshed by the atmosphere and food. The staff were very helpful, I tried the goulash and bean soup which was very tasty. Other customers had delicious looking drinks (both hot drinks and cocktails) and full meals/desserts. There was a very relaxed atmosphere in this cafe and I would have happily spent an evening there considering their varied food and drink menu and opening times.

• Visited April 2013

• Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vaxjo, Sweden
“15 % Service fee is a joke”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Ordered 2 beers and paid more than anywhere else- not a place to recommend! Do not support this type of stupidity. Location may be great but no need to waste your money.

Visited April 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Yummy Food at a Decent Price”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Myself and my friend stopped here for lunch on our final day in Budapest. I had heard good things and so I was looking forward to our food. We ordered a tuna sandwich to share which was incredibly tasty and presented in a cute little basket with salad.
We didn't buy drinks as it was our last day and we had little money left, but we both had a cake. I had a chocolate cupcake which was incredibly yummy and my friend had a slice of some other chocolate cake. Both of which I would love to have again!
Many people have commented that the cafe is a little expensive, but I didn't find it so. I am only a student so don't have a lot of money, but for the location I didn't think the price was bad at all. It is located in a main tourist hot spot and therefore prices are obviously higher than less touristy areas of the city, but for the location I found it cheaper than other cafes in the area. We sat outside but there was also room inside. Outside we were given blankets and there was also standing heaters/lights above the tables.
The service was good and the lady serving us was friendly and cheerful. She also had a good level of English.
All in all we both REALLY enjoyed our food and I would certainly recommend to others. Next time I am in Budapest I will certainly be enjoying lunch here again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank secretsandliesx
Tromsø, Norway
“Nice cafe, but touristy!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The coffee was ok and the cakes looked nice, but I didn’t taste them. Friendly staff, but a little slow. There are other cafes I would rather visit again.

Visited April 2013
Watertown, New York
“Great Service, High Prices”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Although the service at Anna Cafe is almost phenomenal it leaves a few things to be desired. First, their prices are egregiously high compared to cafes of equal quality outside the immediate area of Vaci Utca. Also, be warned that this is one of the few small cafes that includes a compulsory gratuity on the check. In fact it was the only restaurant I visited during a month and a half long stay in Budapest that had one. When I explained that I'd rather tip in cash (paying with credit card) the manager came out and was rather snotty about the situation. In the end she refused to remove the mandatory gratuity even though I was attempting to physically offer the waiter a cash tip larger than that included in the check. I'd avoid the place at all costs in the future.

• Visited November 2012