“Still Dreaming of their Gelato”
Review of Gelarto Rosa

Gelarto Rosa
Ranked #11 of 114 Quick Bites in Budapest
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Located in the center of Budapest (Basilica), Gelarto Rosa is the best ice cream in our town! Owner, the charismatic Niki Szokron studied the secrets of old Italian family recipes straight from the source in Italy and brought it back to her city. The philosophy behind it: fresh and true quality ingredients, old Italian traditions, modern technic and as final touch, add artistic creativity. The pretty ice cream girls at Niki's shop "create" each and every portion or cone as a unique artwork using ice cream as art material. It's simply amazing! n.
Reviewed May 6, 2015

We had done some research prior to getting to Budapest and had found this place online. Needless to say the reviews did not disappoint! This was one of our most favorite things in Budapest and there might have been one day that we had two. You can pick as many flavors as you want and they will build it into an amazing work of art while you watch. They also have so many different and unique flavors. One of my favorites ended up being a flowery flavor. Just thinking about it now my mouth is watering. And it's super reasonably priced! This is a MUST do!!!

Date of visit: October 2014
1  Thank UrbanL18
Write a ReviewReviews (2,419)

Reviewed May 4, 2015

This place is very busy and now I know why. The ice cream is yummy and the way they serve it is unique. I watched the guy making the rose shape and I have to say it was quite a skill, looks easy but I am sure it's not. I highly recommend the salted toffee flavour.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed May 4, 2015 via mobile

This is one of my favourite ice cream in Budapest, tasty ice creams and beautiful rose design! Good place to bring your girlfriend too! I recommend!

Reviewed May 3, 2015

The workers are so incredibly friendly and all of them speak English very well. The first time we went it was close to closing but we chatted for quite a while with the manager and the employees that served us.

The pistachio and lemon flavors are excellent, you can't go wrong with either of those. They are made with such precision that you're a bit hesitant to eat it at first--the rose shapes just look so realistic.

It was so good that our last day in the city my wife and I went back and both got 2-two scoops each. I can't remember the other flavors that I ordered, they were all good it's just that the pistachio was the best!

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

We stopped here for a mid-afternoon gelato while in Budapest and were blown away by the quality and presentation of the gelato. The flavors are incredible and they make each cone look just like a rose. It is right near the basillica, so make a point to stop in here - you will be very happy!