“Brilliant!”

Gelarto Rosa
Ranked #4 of 197 Dessert in Budapest
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Located in the center of Budapest (Basilica), Gelarto Rosa is THE BEST ice cream in this town! Owner, the charismatic Niki Szokron studied the secrets of old Italian family recipes straight from the source in Italy and brought it back to her city. The philosophy behind it: fresh and true quality ingredients, old Italian traditions, modern technic and as final touch, add artistic creativity.The pretty ice cream girls at Niki's shop "create" each and every portion or cone as a unique artwork using ice cream as art material. It's simply amazing! Don't miss Peti (the barista) great Italian style coffee, and have real French macaroon from Juliette McAron.
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Looks amazing and tastes even better, very friendly staff. Easy to find, look for the ice-cream rose sign when standing in the square.

gelarto, Responsable relations clients at Gelarto Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear IlyaChe,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at GelARTo Budapest. Yes, we are easy to find and we are glad you enjoy our store.

GelARTo Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,111)

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I rarely dislike any ice cream, this is best ice cream I eaten for very long time ! Despite my town renowned for ice cream parlours, I live in a seaside town none of them has anything on Gelarto, taste good as it looks well presented :) you need to open a shop in my town ! Summer when im here again I visit atleast twice, perfect weather for ice cream ;)

gelarto, Guest Relations Manager at Gelarto Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear mark t,

Thank you very for sharing your picture and your experience at GelARTo Budapest. We are glad that you enjoy our ice-cream. We hope to be able opening a shop in your town or at least in your country.

GleARTo Team

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is the only gelato I've had in Budapest, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's among the best. The carmel and pumpkin are particularly tasty, but gelato snobs might fault the texture. It isn't quite as incredible as the gelato in Florence or Rome, but it'll satisfy your inner sweet tooth for a very reasonable price.

gelarto, Guest Relations Manager at Gelarto Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Kyle R,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience at GelARTo Budapest. It's quiet unusual that customer appreciate pumpkin flavor, this is a nice surprise. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I know people might tell me otherwise, but after visiting tons of gelateria all over Europe, this place is hands down my favorite. The Gelatos are just to die for. I had 2 cones, small and large ones, and to be honest i could buy more if the day weren't so cold. I'd recommend the sour flavours like lemon, raspberry, mango, and strawberry. Although we had to pay in local currency (yes they don't take euros), the service given were quite decent. They were very nice to chat to, and they have excellent english. But what's amazing about the staff is not how nice and kind they are, its their skills in creating those rose shaped gelato. (One of them told me specifically that they practiced it all summer, amazing right?). its really worth a visit if you like to try out gelatos.

1  Thank Harun W
gelarto, Guest Relations Manager at Gelarto Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Harun W,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at GelARTo Budapest. we are glad to be your favorite gelato shop in Europe. We hope to have the pleasure to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

If you love ice cream, go here. They really do make little rose in the top of the cone! 2 flavours was 450 HUF and the chocolate was the best. I also had pistachio, which tasted slightly slated, which may have been me, but was delicious. Just opposite St Stephens Church, don't miss it!

gelarto, Guest Relations Manager at Gelarto Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Jo C,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience at GelARTo Budapest. We are proud you enjoy our ice-cream and wish seeing you very soon again.